Vegan wild camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
True, true :D I ought to have made a point of excluding them from the general boringness. Jain's are vegetarian, and their food is amazingly tasty and varied. Funnily enough so is much African food…..but not many African veggie restaurants around :sigh:

The Indian restaurants use ghee though, and that's not acceptable for Vegans, or vegetarians who are dairy intolerant, and other restaurants use chicken stock, and that's not acceptable for either vegetarian or vegan folks. Also, none of us are particularly happy eating in restaurants that cook meat anyway. Pots spatter y'know ?

M

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I guess living where I do has me spoiled for choice, 8 vegetarian Indian restaurants, 2 SE Asian vegan restaurants and 2 vegetarian pizza parlours. You'd never go hungry round here. :) As to the camping aspect though, dehydrating your own meals would seem the easiest option.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Personally never had a vege dish that would not have been improved with the addition of Bacon.

Sorry. Hmm bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Personally never had a vege dish that would not have been improved with the addition of Bacon.

Sorry. Hmm bacon

Agreed, bacon, meat fat, butter...wonderful stuff :) I had fried eggs and baked beans on buttered toast with four rashers of smoked streaky bacon for brunch and it beats the heck out of the gruel the vegan types eat.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
So I have to admit that I have previously "cured" a vegetarian friend. She came over for a bit of a cry about a boyfriend and tucked into a bottle of my Sloe Vodka. She had a surprising appetite for it and I seem to remember we may have done more than one.

Next morning I had the bacon craving and surprisingly so did she. Never went back.

So Mary, I think the cure to meat aversion is Sloe Vodka. I'm prepared to undertake some kind of double blind test next Bushmoot but someone's going to have to drink undiluted Ribena all night in the test group.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the classic urban myth :rolleyes: 'Cure' a Vegetarian with fried dead pig.

We're not ill, your taste buds are cannibalisitic.

If we find small bones and aren't sure if we're looking at neonate or chicken…..I do mean small bones, ribs, etc., then simply put one into a microwave for thirty seconds. If it's bird it'll smell like chicken. If it's a foetus, it'll smell like bacon.
…..and that's no urban myth.

Thankfully nowadays we have really, really cheap and available scientific testing methods :D

Y'can keep the sloe vodka, I make my own :) but I'm honestly happy to just enjoy the hot ribena :D

M

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Mary in the karmic way of things you balance my carnivorous tendencies.

Cannibalistic! Not on a first date.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, thankfully not nowadays you don't :) and I doubt that it was ever done very often, tbh. :dunno:

I do know one archaeologist who swore it was the reason that she was Vegan though.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE