Vaughan Sub Zero Mini Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Warrior

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Illinois, USA
I actually did this last September, but thought I'd post it here anywhos. Some of you may have seen it before.

Bought this Sub Zero some time ago, finally got around to modding it. I mostly followed this tutorial: http://oldjimbo.com/survival/vaughangrind.html

I ground the head down per the tut. Tried cold bluing the head, but it kept streaking on me, so I went another route. I soaked the head in apple cider vinegar for a few days, to darken/patina/etch it. You can actually see where the heat treat line is. Painted the handle black, and paracord wrapped it. Cool little hatchet, but I feel the eye socket is way too small. I always forget to take before pictures, but I did take one when I first got it:

You can see how small it is next to the BK2:

000.png

The mod:

001a-2.png

007-15.png

011-12.png

013-9.png

019-4.png

020-7.png

Back in the cheapy sheath that came with it:

024.png

Back home in my Maxpedition Lunada Chinese rip off bag:

028-3.png

udamiano

On a new journey
Thank, appreciated. Doesn't really seem like mods go over too big around here. Or, maybe they just don't like mine?

Everyone has just come back from the moot, so its a bit quiet here. the other thing is that vaughan is not a make thats know over this part of the pond. please keep them coming, I for one appreciate the time you take to post them up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE