Vargo Ultimate Fire Starter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone got one? I quite like the idea that it can be used as a blowing bellows if well made.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Should I become too old to knee down next to the fire in order to blow directly into it, I guess, I will simply stay at home.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Why put your head so close and inhale ash and smoke when you can do this:

GJ-MobileOffice-31.jpg

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
That is just the old autonomic nervous system control thing. How to avoid adrenalin burnout. :smuggrin:

(Properly done it kind of works but it is not a 100% thing.)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I like the idea, not sure i'd buy one but I can see how it would be used and I can see how it's nice and compact, although longer than I'd first assumed.

FEATURES
  • Sturdy stainless steel construction
  • Extendable bellows
  • Integrated ferrocerium rod
  • Attached ferrocerium striker
  • Convenient carrying clip
SPECIFICATIONS
  • Weight: 1.8 ounces (53 grams)
  • Length extended: 18.2 inches (464 mm)
  • Length collapsed: 5.9 inches (152 mm)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I like the idea, not sure i'd buy one but I can see how it would be used and I can see how it's nice and compact, although longer than I'd first assumed.

FEATURES
  • Sturdy stainless steel construction
  • Extendable bellows
  • Integrated ferrocerium rod
  • Attached ferrocerium striker
  • Convenient carrying clip
SPECIFICATIONS
  • Weight: 1.8 ounces (53 grams)
  • Length extended: 18.2 inches (464 mm)
  • Length collapsed: 5.9 inches (152 mm)

I've purchased one so will give it a bashing.

Should be good for burning out Kuskas & Bowls also.

Could also use it in reverse if really needed in dire circumstance - to suck fluids.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I am really astonished that the camping industry currently comes up with more and more gear for bushcraft that nobody needed in the last centuries.

Insulation air mat with batteries driven blower, folding twig stove, fish mouth spreader, ultra light trekking quilt, antenna to blow into the fire. I really ask myself what comes next.

I am impressed how genius all this is.
I never would have thought, that it's possible to make money with such stuff, that seems to me like a boy scout joke for larger camps.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I am really astonished that the camping industry currently comes up with more and more gear for bushcraft that nobody needed in the last centuries.

Insulation air mat with batteries driven blower, folding twig stove, fish mouth spreader, ultra light trekking quilt, antenna to blow into the fire. I really ask myself what comes next.

I am impressed how genius all this is.
I never would have thought, that it's possible to make money with such stuff, that seems to me like a boy scout joke for larger camps.

Do you own a Ferrocerium Rod??

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes. But I got it as survival item just recently. Different to carrying an antenna around, I understand the reason for a ferrocerium rod.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
After capsizing there is such a risk, yes.
Depends on the weather of course.

The same risk you have if you cross streams. If you fall into and all gets whet and it's cold, time is a critical factor.
But situations where that could happen to me are very rare.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE