Vango

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I'm a big fan of the Vango pop up range, used em for years and had great service from them........untill.........

eregyve4.jpg

Notice the peak shape at the top where the poles snapped. It wasn't long before the pole had torn through the tent and left me trying to bodge it by epoxying a bit of tube over the two ends. I was then going to glue some tent material over the hole.

ymuzu2a5.jpg

Anyway, it didn't work, i spoke to Vango looking for a replacement pole. The tent is 10 months old but i don't have the receipt and never registered the tent. The poles are not guaranteed anyway.

Vango have come back to me and said that they are due new stock mid January and when they do, they will replace the tent, free of charge.

Fantastic result, I'm over the moon. Definitely will stick with Vango now forever :)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Yeh they do make good tent. I didnt know there customer service was that good though. I have a Vango tempest 300. A very good tent indeed. The only thing some of the poles are a hit hard to get in.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
That is good service. I have a couple of Vango tents, and I think one of them is probably my favourite but I haven't used it for far too long. It has all ally poles, but yours looks like the poles are GRP or something like that -- are they?

Syrio

Aug 14, 2012
Midlands
I have a Tempest 300. Great solo tent for stationary camping, plenty of room and just enough height to sit upright at the front without your head touching the top. Only minor niggle is frost/condensation can seep through a little under certain circumstances, seems to be fine with rain though.

I melted a hole in the porch groundsheet when an ember fell out of my honey stove on it :/, not recommending cooking with wood in the porch unless its the only way to eat that evening.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
My first Vango came with a hole. I had almost 3 months to go before a backpacking trip so returned it via the retailer. He tried to give it to tge rep who dropped in nxt day. He wouldnt take it but said he'd send the return forms. Retailer posted it i. With the forms, it was signed for but nothing for 2 weeks. He chased it...wrong bloody forms or summat like that. To cut a long story short i went from 3 months to get used to my new single skin tent to not having a tent for a trip i'd been planning for 6 months or longer. Nightmare service!!!
I was lucky...the retailer lent me a brand new tent for my trip for free!! Tgen a few weeks after getting back and still no tent the retailer gave me a new tent himself saying it was not right i lost out anymore. I believe he did get the money back for it eventually. He alsosold me
another two tents after that plus me shouting out to as many ppl i cld how helpful he was.

Vango? Gd tents but service patchy imho.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
My first Vango came with a hole. I had almost 3 months to go before a backpacking trip so returned it via the retailer. He tried to give it to tge rep who dropped in nxt day. He wouldnt take it but said he'd send the return forms. Retailer posted it i. With the forms, it was signed for but nothing for 2 weeks. He chased it...wrong bloody forms or summat like that. To cut a long story short i went from 3 months to get used to my new single skin tent to not having a tent for a trip i'd been planning for 6 months or longer. Nightmare service!!!
I was lucky...the retailer lent me a brand new tent for my trip for free!! Tgen a few weeks after getting back and still no tent the retailer gave me a new tent himself saying it was not right i lost out anymore. I believe he did get the money back for it eventually. He alsosold me
another two tents after that plus me shouting out to as many ppl i cld how helpful he was.

Vango? Gd tents but service patchy imho.

Sounds like the retailer there. All my dealings with vango direct have been very good, any problems I've had I've just been straight onto van go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE