Uses for hook on a SAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I did say something useful, the hook is for me a total waste of space that could be utilised for something else.

I think if you elaborated a bit more in your original post then Fraxinus wouldn't have thought you meant his thread was a useless feature. I also thought you meant his thread and thought your comment was a bit harsh but after reading this I can see you meant the hook.

I think it has its uses but I can assure you I'm not watching a 26 minute video to find out what lol. I think its the showing of the hook before and after each demonstration that started to grate on me.

Thanks for sharing though Fraxinus.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The hook looks useful to me. My hands are old and pinching anything ( eg drink can ring pulls)
is very uncomfortable. My EDC SAK has a cork screw that I can turn under some "pinchable" objects.
Just the hook alone would be a nice addition to my kitchen tool drawer.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I have used it for lifting up, pulling down barbed wire strands, also for carrying and moving rolls of said wire, it is also handy for snare making/repair in the field and other 'working with wire' jobs.....A lot of people may not have noticed on some of the newer versions of the hook if you look at the spine it is also a nail file.

D.B.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i've used the hook on my climber for all sorts of things. Opening ringpulls on things is sometimes dangerous (just ask Tim, he nearly removed a finger this way a month or two ago!), tightening laces and the like where you can't get your finger in there (I've done that a few ties when I wore doc martins), carrying and pulling things that are thin and cut into your fingers is the main thing for me though.

Yes, there are other tools that will do any particular job better. If you don't have those tools with you but you do have a SAK that has a hook, then it will still do the job!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE