useful kit you can take on aircraft in hand luggage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Looks sensible but I'm wondering where you'd find room on a small aircraft for that much food?

Good question so rummaged around and the answer is not encouraging. The keyword is 'Sustain', so abandon all hope of finding a case of military ration packs.

Aircraft Spruce Canada 6-7 survival kit (
6 persons for seven days ~ or longer!)
Dimensions : 16" x 13" x 6.88 " (40.6 x 33 x 17.5 cm)
Weight : 22.80lbs

Food items:
2400 Calorie Food Bar x 3
Hot Chocolate x 6
Tea Bags x 21
Emergency Drinking Water x 6

FYI
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Terminal Corucopia website yet, Evan Booth has a whole range of survival aids that can be constructed from things purchased air-side.

Last edited:

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
When I was learning to parachute, the instructor gave us a piece of advice which I think is also very apt in the event that you are a passenger on an aircraft that is about to crash land. He gave the advice in response to the question 'what happens if my reserve parachute fails too?' which is a similar scenario to being on a plane that is about to make a crash landing. He said, 'put your left arm up and really stretch as high as you can with your left hand'. The trainee asked, 'Will that help me survive?' 'No way, mate, you are dead for sure!' said the instructor, 'but your watch might be of use to the people who have to scrape up your remains' ..... :) Sorry I digress ..... :)
When I travel by air, I think i'm prepped if I have some hard sweets to suck, a book to read, a notebook and pen, and something to drink.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
As a professional pilot, all i can say after reading this thread is thanks for the laughs :You_Rock_

I mean that with no hint of irony or sarcasm.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Good question so rummaged around and the answer is not encouraging. The keyword is 'Sustain', so abandon all hope of finding a case of military ration packs.

Aircraft Spruce Canada 6-7 survival kit (
6 persons for seven days ~ or longer!)
Dimensions : 16" x 13" x 6.88 " (40.6 x 33 x 17.5 cm)
Weight : 22.80lbs

Food items:
2400 Calorie Food Bar x 3
Hot Chocolate x 6
Tea Bags x 21
Emergency Drinking Water x 6

FYI
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Terminal Corucopia website yet, Evan Booth has a whole range of survival aids that can be constructed from things purchased air-side.

I was afraid of as much :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE