USAF pilot knife restoration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
As it came with just a once over with acid

Lot of work to flatten and even up the blade, bevels I also make as flat and even as poss then finish with a micro edge.

guard and pommel I have only cleaned up a little and same with the handle, too clean and you lose the roughness of its history, the new sheath is very old leather and will let me fit the knife in ether way, and I'm reworking the style and some of the old sheath into the new.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
All done!

The acid face was part of the old sheath as was some of the bead work, when I had finished I showed the little woman my work, she started laughing and pointed out I had made an acid man of the binding tails, I didn't note it at first but now that I have, I'm going with it!

Still got some marking in the blade, I'm just going to do the odd polish between use.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You have done a good job.

Yesterday I got an old Scandanavian knife at the car boot. 50p. I am cleaning it up and will make a new sheath. The steel seem nice, though no name

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
You have done a good job.

Yesterday I got an old Scandanavian knife at the car boot. 50p. I am cleaning it up and will make a new sheath. The steel seem nice, though no name
Muchly to you and all for the kind words. Worth a thread Tengu ? always like to see old tools come back to life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE