US Army Survival Manual FM 21-76 -- Online

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Hello, friends,

I have recently put online on OM an html version of US Army Survival Manual FM 21-76. I know this manual has it's pros and it's cons, but it is one of the few that can be put online. There are anyway chapters that are relevant to bushcraft, so I would recommend people to have a read and make their mind about it. You can comment the chapters if you want to, as there is no need to be registered to comment.

http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_topic.php?id_rubrique=25

I hope you will enjoy the read.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
If you have a printer and want a printed version, you can hit the left side "print this article button" it will format the chapter for printing. However, please do not waste paper and trees, and do this only if you will use a printed version, and try to use a 2 or 4 pages per page of paper mode, if printer and drivers allow it..

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
good point JM,
i printed it off 2 sided A5 sheets easy to sort out on a modern computer.

incidentally A5 can fit in some pockets, A4 version is like the "yellowpages"!

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Yes, it makes a book format , much much better! I do not know how the pictures will do on a 4 pages per sheet printing, but the 2 and the 4 x 1 are printing formats I like a lot. The 4 page per sheet would certainly make it a pocket survival book (if you can figure out the right alignment of front and back pages, if it is possible to tune it) ;-)

Anyway , I do this each time I have multiple pages to print for any reason, and I think it is a good ecological idea ;-) :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE