Upgrade Observations:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just an observation on the new site layout; I have always tended to use the 'recent posts' tab - rather than 'new posts' as it allows me to go back and read threads I didn't have time to read earlier. Is its omission deliberate?

Not a complaint :) - just a question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad64

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Just an observation on the new site layout; I have always tended to use the 'recent posts' tab - rather than 'new posts' as it allows me to go back and read threads I didn't have tome to read earlier. Is its omission deliberate?

Not a complaint :) - just a question.

Me too, :)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
For the Recent Posts, if you use the drop down menu "What's New" next to "Forums" there is an option in there for "Latest Activity".

I haven't set Tapatalk up yet but it's on my list.

Reactions: Broch

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Love the new format, but is there a way a user can set the colours, the colours this morning were great, clear & concise, this Teal colour is awful on PC & Mobile, the links are so faint as to be almost unreadable, especially when its grey on white

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Love the new format, but is there a way a user can set the colours, the colours this morning were great, clear & concise, this Teal colour is awful on PC & Mobile, the links are so faint as to be almost unreadable, especially when its grey on white

I'm working on that. there is an issue on mobiles where the screen reformats and the colour scheme from this morning makes the logo unreadable. Leave it with us, it's next on the list.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'm working on that. there is an issue on mobiles where the screen reformats and the colour scheme from this morning makes the logo unreadable. Leave it with us, it's next on the list.

cheers batman, dunno about the logo though, it was perfectly readable on both my PC & mobile this morning, stood out really well in fact, clear & sharp.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Just a heads up really if you are still tweaking....:)

This is what I get on Fire Fox (Latest version)

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead...

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to bushcraftuk.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Looking good generally, thanks for your hard work :)

When you pull up new posts, and on similar pages, there is a lot of dead space on the screen though and the posts only start about half way down the page, looks like potential for reducing unnecessary scrolling to get to the actual content ? :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Minutes in but clear, easy on the eye, responsive and logged in first time. I like it. Samsung S10, will give the PC a blast later.

Also where are my manners, thumbs up for the time and effort put in to the upgrade. They never go well and certainly not as the devs state on the tin/release notes :). Oh edit works too...

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Just a heads up really if you are still tweaking....:)

This is what I get on Fire Fox (Latest version)

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead...

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to bushcraftuk.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it.
Thanks for that it's possibly not directing to https properly, I'll look into it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Something that I'm finding a bit annoying is that if I want to read the latest post on a particular thread and I'm not logged on I have to go to next.. scroll down to the bottom .. go to next... scroll down etc . Very annoying if there are 10 pages you have to do this with. Can we please have the little boxes with the number of pages so you can go straight to the page you want without all that faff please.
Thanks. (I'm using Android phone )

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've just tried that, if you press on the page numbers to the left of the next arrow it should give you the option to jump to a page of your choice. Just tried it on my phone and it works.

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE