Underblanket & Henessey Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
I thought that I had posted this question before, but cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone
advise me if it is possible to rig up an underblanket with a Henessey Hammock so as to still be able to use the bottom entry, or do I have to go back to the D.D. Hammock for winter use. Any advice would be appreciated.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Basically you just use the "give" in the elasticated shockcords to move the underblanket out of the way, get in as normal, and pull the underblanket back into place.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I thought that I had posted this question before, but cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone
advise me if it is possible to rig up an underblanket with a Henessey Hammock so as to still be able to use the bottom entry, or do I have to go back to the D.D. Hammock for winter use. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes I do.
Yes you can continue to use the bottom entry
I put cord adjusters on the elastic cords and allow the elastic to stretch as I get in then it springs back. Takes a little adjustment to get the tension right then the cord adjusters remember the setting thereafter.
Alan

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
....and because the underblanket has 4 loops on either side, you can hook the o-rings at the corners of the HH to the loop nearby with a small karabiner. That way, you can string up the blanky in a asymmterical way, fitting your HH.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE