Ultralight and homemade cook kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So I was discussing UL pop can stoves in a previous thread and think I finally have a couple of stoves that are well made. This in mind I wanted to make up a UL kit for myself. I have a 1300ml Ti pot on the way, but if it's just for a quick boil up, my GSI cup will do.

20140212_220144.jpg

20140212_220214.jpg

20140212_220247.jpg

20140212_220343.jpg

So the stove is made of pop cans, as is the windshield, cover is a tomato can lid, and the pot stand is made from a smaller tomato can. I do need to drill some holes along the top and bottom of the stand for airflow and weight. Total weight is 202g, but would be 217g with my spork included. I originaly wanted to make the pot stand of thick wire mesh bent into a cylinder but could only find a giant roll of it at the hardware store. Wanted to keep this low cost so I think it turned out okay.

Thoughts?

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Excellent idea to use a soup can as your pot stand - I've not seen that before. However, you will probably need to punch a ring of holes around the base of the can to allow air in to feed the burner. A church key punch would be ideal.

Excellent idea to use a soup can as your pot stand - I've not seen that before. However, you will probably need to punch a ring of holes around the base of the can to allow air in to feed the burner. A church key punch would be ideal.

So the stove is made of pop cans, as is the windshield, cover is a tomato can lid, and the pot stand is made from a smaller tomato can. I do need to drill some holes along the top and bottom of the stand for airflow and weight. Total weight is 202g, but would be 217g with my spork included. I originaly wanted to make the pot stand of thick wire mesh bent into a cylinder but could only find a giant roll of it at the hardware store. Wanted to keep this low cost so I think it turned out okay.

Thoughts?

:cool::cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE