Ultra lightweight alcohol stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I ordered one of these http://www.tripleatripleo.com/ab-13/ the other day, very lightweight (16 grams for just the stove) and tiny (see picture on the site of the fosters can on top for scale). Even with a fuel bottle etc I figured I wouldnt notice it in my pack and it will be perfect for walking and a days brews. It worked out to £28.80 all in (from America) so isnt the cheapest but is one of the smallest and lightest I've ever seen and it was dispatched an hour after ordering!

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
There are some pics of it in use on the site at the bottom of the page. Think its just a case of squeezing the bottle to fill the stove and then lighting it.

It looks like a foam pad in the centre for the maths to burn off. I assume you can fill this pad continually through the tube which should be safer than topping up a normal stove, neat.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
It looks like a foam pad in the centre for the maths to burn off. I assume you can fill this pad continually through the tube which should be safer than topping up a normal stove, neat.

I think its some sort of carbon fabric. I still can't believe how small it is. This is the only video I can find at the moment

[video=youtube_share;HaUngv7HY3I]http://youtu.be/HaUngv7HY3I[/video]

Hoping for some in use videos soon, but if not I'll do one when it gets here.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
God that guy took an age to get to the point, and then never lit it ???? Review ????

That said, how small, it's tiny. Did not get the perspective from the pics but that vid showed it to be truly tiny. Love to see it in use and see how it fairs. Nice purchase fella :)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I ordered one of these http://www.tripleatripleo.com/ab-13/ the other day, very lightweight (16 grams for just the stove) and tiny (see picture on the site of the fosters can on top for scale). Even with a fuel bottle etc I figured I wouldnt notice it in my pack and it will be perfect for walking and a days brews. It worked out to £28.80 all in (from America) so isnt the cheapest but is one of the smallest and lightest I've ever seen and it was dispatched an hour after ordering!

Really neat mate im tempted, Can you get a boil test done buddy?

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Yes it's a cool stove, will be along the lines of a Smokeater 908 mini-heat or a MBD M2 stove? That's carbon felt used for the wick, great stuff and lasts near forever!

To fill the stove you squeeze the amount of alcohol and repeat when it needs more. It's also possible to make a remote feed quite easily that drip feeds alcohol automatically so you can cook for as long as the bottle lasts and not have to touch it.

Steve.

Northsky

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2007
Sowerby Bridge
Have you had a look at the White Box stove, I've one its small very light, cannot remember wieght, and really powerfull for its size. got mine from Backpackinglight.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Or get a Ti gas stove and small canister.

Not much more weight and some thing you can control and quick boil times. Not 15 minutes to get to simmer rather than boil.

I agree except for the weight, I have one of these (Uk Hammocks sell them) and it's a significant weight saving if you just want to boil a little water and are not in a great hurry. For example with fuel it's less than 50 grams, the MSR pocket rocket is 85 grams just for the stove and the smallest cartridge is 175g so 5 times the weight. I have a poncho tarp that weighs less than the difference :)

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
This arrived today, exactly a week from ordering from America so pretty speedy.

20130204_133132.jpg

£2 coin for scale. Will try to get some testing done soon for boil times etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE