Ultimate SAS Survival Guide for iphone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have it, it's okay and the limitations probably don't need to be discussed. It's gimmicky but what the hell if the **** use all available means appropriate to save yourself. Whilst I've not read it through I did have a look at the sea coast bit for foods. There are case studies in there too, if nothing else it's something to read when you've exhausted all else whilst travelling.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
LMAO..... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just hope that they have amened chapter 1 to cover the importance of adding some pennies and zinc nails in your survival kit.
Followed by some detailed instruction on how to make batteries from grass clippings.

Cos' if they didn't you won't get past chapter 3 without a recharge.

Tony I know as you have admitted to the group to owning an IPhone (don't worry what goes on in the group, stays in the group. We won't tell) you will be gagging to try this one out,
so here's the link: http://assortedtips.blogspot.com/2007/12/homemade-battery-using-fermented-grass.html

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
what happens when your battery runs out in the wild tho? :D
interesting app mind, wouldn't mind seeing some of the other collins gem books on there as a sort of "library"

If anyone's got one of these http://www.crazyaboutgadgets.com/product/?Wind-Up-Mobile-Phone-Charger I'd be interested in a review as to its real realistic usefulness. Not that I have any of the gadgets listed but, like Melonfish was saying, if you could get the whole Collins/Kochanski/Mears collection on your i-Phone someday, well, that'd be something. I mean, I could get away with knowing even less!

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
As long as your device will browse offline you can have any book you want. Scan them turn them into HTML. Not hard. Can take a while if you want index to work.

I already have the SAS Handbook, a Ray Mears Book, Sears's book, and another series.

Also got some scout stuff as well.

What I am trying to do is end up with my own pages, with links to varous books at the bottom.

Would point out they are either free license or I own them.

Wonder if we could build a bushcraft wiki, they can be loaded on some devices. Think Iphone not sure.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
If anyone's got one of these http://www.crazyaboutgadgets.com/product/?Wind-Up-Mobile-Phone-Charger I'd be interested in a review as to its real realistic usefulness. Not that I have any of the gadgets listed but, like Melonfish was saying, if you could get the whole Collins/Kochanski/Mears collection on your i-Phone someday, well, that'd be something. I mean, I could get away with knowing even less!

I do and use it on canoe trips to charge my nokia phone and my cowon mp3 audio/video player. Well worth the price (and supplements a small solar panel). Pleased with mine

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
My iphone now has Butterflies, Wild plants, Tree ID, Birds of UK (great 'cos it has the bird-calls as well) fungi, Knots guide, SAS survival, Star walk astronomy, Memory map (OS) ... oh yes, and a fish called Eric.

The less you know - the more you load on your iphone - I guess.

I've just discovered you can make phone calls on it as well. By the way, check out Just mobile's USB battery pack (charges the 3GS 3 times from empty - £28-00) Ideal for a long weekend in the woods.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
iphone survival guide?

surely that is as simple as "place iphone at top of garden, retreat a safe distance, wait and do not return until it has finished exploding........."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE