UK knife regulations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Absolutely no chance.
Even being sub 3" it's a fixed blade so at very least it would come under needing "good reason" to carry it...
However - since it's a push knife - it's flat out illegal.

"read the last section" - I take it you mean the bit about "devastating punching and slashing blows" - pretty scary things alright.
I'm not one for getting squeamish - guns, knives and the like don't bother me - but there's something about push knives that makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
http://military.swords24.eu/product/description/1530/Knife_Cold_Steel_Safe_Maker_II.html

Read the last section!!!!!

Although the blades under 3inch I dont think this would be legal!!

Ideal for chopping firewood..officer:oh:

I dont really understand your point. You thread is titled "UK knife regulations" but these people are not in the UK.

Address: ul. 1-Maja 46, Wołomin 05-200, POLAND

Illegal in the UK, absolutely. Illegal in Poland? I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
`Neck Knife`? I had to fight hard to get a paraniod female friend to get rid of hers.

She thought it a good idea....<shudders>

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
ABSOLUTELY AND DEFINATELY UNLAWFUL TO POSSESS IN A PUBLIC PLACE IN THE UK!

I can think of no "lawful authority or reasonable excuse" to be in possession of one of those outside your place of abode and, in fact, it is specified to be an "Offensive Weapon." See (e) below.

Interestingly, some wag on eBay was selling similar knives described as a "letter openers" but slightly smaller and made of a polycarbonate material so as to make them invisible to X-ray and metal detectors! (see (p) below) I think it must've been reported to eBay pretty quick, because between me seeing it and making a cup of tea, the listing had vanished.

THE LAW!

1. Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (offensive weapons) shall apply to the following descriptions of weapons, other than weapons of those descriptions which are antiques for the purposes of this Schedule: (an antique is a weapon more than 100 years old)

(a) a knuckleduster, that is, a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more fingers, and designed to cause injury, and any weapon incorporating a knuckleduster;

(b) a swordstick, that is, a hollow walking-stick or cane containing a blade which may be used as a sword;

(c) the weapon sometimes known as a "handclaw" , being a band of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn around the hand;

(d) the weapon sometimes known as a "belt buckle knife" , being a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife;

(e) the weapon sometimes known as a "push dagger" , being a knife the handle of which fits within a clenched fist and the blade of which protrudes from between two fingers;

(f) the weapon sometimes known as a "hollow kubotan" , being a cylindrical container containing a number of sharp spikes;

(g) the weapon sometimes known as a "footclaw" , being a bar of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn strapped to the foot;

(h) the weapon sometimes known as a "shuriken" , "shaken" or "death star" , being a hard non-flexible plate having three or more sharp radiating points and designed to be thrown;

(i) the weapon sometimes known as a "balisong" or "butterfly knife" , being a blade enclosed by its handle, which is designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical means, to reveal the blade;

(j) the weapon sometimes known as a "telescopic truncheon" , being a truncheon which extends automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to its handle;

(k) the weapon sometimes known as a "blowpipe" or "blow gun" , being a hollow tube out of which hard pellets or darts are shot by the use of breath;

(l) the weapon sometimes known as a "kusari gama" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle;

(m) the weapon sometimes known as a "kyoketsu shoge" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife;

(n) the weapon sometimes known as a "manrikigusari" or "kusari" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip;

(o) a disguised knife, that is any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed sharp point and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage (such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or telephone).

(p) a stealth knife, that is a knife or spike, which has a blade, or sharp point, made from a material that is not readily detectable by apparatus used for detecting metal and which is not designed for domestic use or for use in the processing, preparation or consumption of food or as a toy;

(q) a straight, side-handled or friction-lock truncheon (sometimes known as a baton)."

Hope this makes the situation as clear as a very clear thing indeed!

`Neck Knife`? I had to fight hard to get a paraniod female friend to get rid of hers.

She thought it a good idea....<shudders>
Well - in so far as it is a devastating tool for self defence, she was dead right.
To be honest, I'm all for legal self defence and think some things that are illegal here shouldn't be - if they WERE legal - she'd have made a good choice.

HOWEVER - you were certainly right to persuade her to get rid - carrying something like that around your neck is simply asking for trouble. It'd only take 1 sharp eyed cop to catch a glimpse of it and you'd be in a lot trouble.

Still - it's certainly fit for purpose... just completely illegal here. :p

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i wish blowpipes were legal:(
im not sure how they are ilegal yet catapults arn't:confused: or is it to do with poison darts?
we used to make them at school all the time out of roled up paper and fired snapped pencils at each other accross the classroom with suppriseing accuracy :D

pete

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
The list has been compiled by some kid with a perchant for cheap ninja movies.

(RL ninja were gun and sword people. The weird stuff which are on display in certain japanese museums often were for my paranoid friend or an armchair samaurai collector)

(yes, he had ninja proto-manga too)

With a few exceptions, the devices on the list are the really freaky martial art gear with a devoted following, the items which come into the catergory More-hazard-to-inexpereienced-user-than-to-opponent.

Swordsticks and knuckledusters are seriously nasty though.

RL ninja used what they could get hold of (pretty much what we do)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Of course that push dagger is illegal in the UK but as its not being sold in the UK anyway...
What was this thread about then???

Its like saying that the general population can't legally own a machine gun in the UK then posting a link to one being sold in the US.

Confused of Cumbria.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE