Twodogs wool Mid layer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I picked up some lightweight blankets the other day a lot lighter in weight than the ones I normally use :).

First thing I do with any surplus blankets that have been in store for years is put them on the line outdoors for at least twenty four hours whatever the weather ,
you will be amazed how thay start coming back to life ,, next I wash them in woolite to clean them and get rid of anything on the wool I don't condition them as yet that can be done with the first wash after its been made into something ,

So this weekend project was a wool mid layer in my size big ,,,,:)

It gave me a chance to try some new to me sewing skills , button holes and cuffs .

Here is the 1940s Singer buttonholer in action ,

Its first button hole in many years

So here it is my mid layer ,

That's all folks ....;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looking good!
I have a plastic copy of that button-hole gadget - before I got a machine that had a button-hole program it worked very hard indeed and is still on the shelf awaiting he day that my computerized sewing machine dies...

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I like that cliff, nice job

You lot on here are going to force me to get a sewing machine sooner or later.....i'v no problem admitting I'm incredibly jealous of you lot being able to make your own gear, just seems like a dark art to me lol

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Its a practical skill mate withs loads of help on line , give it a go .....

I'll probably end up impulse buying a sewing machine out of the blue one day and then obsessing over it for months
Not something I gave a lot of thought to before I came on here and saw what you lads and ladies were turning out

Its all toddy's fault :D. her bushshirt thread started me off. Then mr fenna just goes and makes himself a new smock. And you with your lhukka, not mention ian, who just seems to make anything anyone wants
What an awsome skill to have. I'v said it before....there's an absolutly amazing breadth of knowlage and talent on this forum :cool:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got a ys star button holer for my machine at Christmas, only done 4 holes so far on the 2 bush shirts i have made. I got a zig zag attachment last week to play with too.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
(in spooky temptress voice....) sunndog....sunndog.....come over to the darkside of the 201.....enter, and leave some happiness behind....

just one thing....its Macaroons fault....not Toddys....she's nice, he's pure evil.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
(in spooky temptress voice....) sunndog....sunndog.....come over to the darkside of the 201.....enter, and leave some happiness behind....

just one thing....its Macaroons fault....not Toddys....she's nice, he's pure evil.

Welcome to my grimy evil little world.....He he he he he ....................

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Angst the buttonholer rocks I had it from the US with six templates works really well .

Cliff

That's the trick of it with these, and especially the zig-zaggers, some of the templates fetch big money; make sure you get the ones you need in thew original purchase if possible :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE