Two of those days.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
Yesterday I had just one of those days when everything just failed, thought I'd make some char cloth, bit of charcoal, go have a pint, and settle down to a homemade curry in the evening, but no the Bushcraft Gods were against me, I prayed to the Holy Farthers Mears, Bushtucker, and Grylls, and still I failed.

I could not for the life of me get a fire going in my own back yard! Nothing worked, yes the wood was greenish and it had been raining overnight, but what a blow to the ego, I even out the fire I had going for my Ghillie Kettle and nothing!!

So ok I'll whip out my Trangia and Honey Stove and make the Char on that, off it went happy as a sand boy when splutter! it ran out, and I had no more meths in the house, muttering under my breath I said to SWMBO that I was off to the pub to get over my Epic fails, she was not happy, but off I went.

I got my pint of real ale in the pub by my house, sat down with my Kindle, and knocked my pint over and lost half of it all over myself, sigh! I got another one to make my feel better, and then went home to make the curry, I have been making curries since I was 8 as I used to stay a Bradford Asian family house after school while my parents came home. This I managed to burn, I have never done that before in 25 years of making 'em.

I thought a walk around Ladybower would cheer my up today, guess what? Yeah couldn't get there, they had changed the bus service times, but not on the web site! So I just got drenched and went home, and now SWMBO trying to cheer me up has done some sewing for me for some canvas equipment bags and ruined them.

Any of you had a day (or two) like that, unburden your self's and pop it down here, I feel better for putting it down already.

P

Passer

Not had a couple of days like that for a while:rolleyes:

Brings a song to mind........Things can only get better.
Hope they do.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
Always best to get all of your bad luck out of the way within the area of home.......!;)

My gearstick once snapped off just as I arrived home from taking the wife shopping...."that was lucky!" said the wife. We were due to drive the same motor 500miles south the following weekend and this would have been the last trip beforehand....! Sometimes even bad luck can be good!

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
every bloody weekend when i have to work saturday morning after a fifty hour week and then the weather turns sour for a night out.its all going pete tong,a room full of gear and no chance to use it.weather pending anyone want to get out this weekend coming?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Aye it's been a bit of a nightmare past few days here as well.

Called into work on Wednesday with a failure on one of the systems, 18 hours later a 30kg part had failed, i order a replacement, fitted it only to find the replacement was faulty.
Ordered another one that came in Thursday, 12 hours later the system was up and running.

Early Friday morning i was called out to a system in Turkey, got back home at 23:00.

So that's 58 hours worked this week, not bad until you realise i only worked 3 days this week :eek:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've been too ill to go out for over a week now. A bad bushcraft day would still be an improvement. At the moment my ambition is to breathe without coughing.

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
Feel better after spending Monday with the Sheffield Rangers taking out some dead trees and chipping some for paths, then I got the BBQ out and made the char cloth I couldn't over the weekend.

Sent from my pie-phone, via Tip-top......…hmm Tip-top!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE