Twca Cams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Was making some larger blades for Baggy this week and took the chance to play about with some variations came up with these two, one constant curve the other with a compound curve but still symmetrical. Did a left and right just to see which suits me best. To give you some idea of scale longest handle is 14"

Twcatwo2.jpg

Twcatwo1.jpg

Twcatwo3.jpg

And a picture of an original I saw in the museum, this follows the compound/symmetrical route.

musespoons2.jpg

I tried them out and at first got nowhere; then I tried my normal blades, which felt like toys and had the same problem- terrible chatter. Then realised it was down to a recent injury that meant I couldn't grip the spoon very well. Tried kneeling with my foot holding the wood steady and cut beautiful shavings.
Will need to give them another go when I am properly mended to see if they are going to be used on a regular basis for the sort of spoons I like to make.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE