Turns out I'm not very good at knitting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
When I was young, a long time ago, I learnt to knit. I even managed to knit a jumper with a roll neck. Mind you, it looked like chainmail nut I proudly wore it.
My problem is that I can't wear proper sheep's wool, and I don't like the plastic wool

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
When I was young, a long time ago, I learnt to knit. I even managed to knit a jumper with a roll neck. Mind you, it looked like chainmail nut I proudly wore it.
My problem is that I can't wear proper sheep's wool, and I don't like the plastic wool
Maybe try some linen yarn, which makes for lovely summer clothes and towels, or bamboo, hemp, cotton or even fleece yarn! ;)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You can use Angora ( type of rabbit), Mohair, Kashmere ( types of goat) or Alpacka ( a type of south American animal)

They are just as warm, but much, much softer!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yes I know what you mean about the horrible itchiness of real wool. I have trouble myself. Merino thermal wear is a real nightmare for me. Angora is the softest followed by alpaca. Mohair is a total nightmare! I do use cotton for summer wear and dish clothes and face flannels. Could possibly do some socks too. Will have to find a pattern one day if I can for cotton socks.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Whilst I appreciate wool as a natural product, I would go totally ape if I'd have to wear it, even with a t-shirt under.
The above alternatives sound great ........if I was still knitting:)

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I notice that woolens depend upon staple length and the manner of spinning.
Not bad money makers, in themselves. I've done it from raw fleece at a wool sale.
As a direct result, I believe that you get what you pay for. Some wool is poor.
So bad that wool polyester blends are supposed to be the saviours. Not.

I had a sweater/jumper custom knit for myself as a gift to myself this winter.
100% wool. It is as soft as cotton flannel cloth. It was expensive. Love it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE