Knitted my first scarf

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well I don't like to brag but I have just finished knitting my first ever knitted project which is a scarf. Glad I got it finished today as its for my wife for her birthday which is tomorrow:eek:

I knitted once before about 10 years ago and did about 5 rows and gave up. So for this I had to teach myself how to knit again as I could not remember at all. Its been a bit a learning curve on how to start a new ball of wool in to the knitting.
I have only dropped one stitch and I asked a work mate to help me and they fixed it, so still need to learn how to pick up stitches but I'm sure that will come with time.

Cannot remember how many balls of wool I used but think it was 4 or 5.

rasedyqa.jpg

zany3u8y.jpg

Got say I'm very happy with the end results.

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
My mother taught me basic knitting but that was 50 years ago! Think you've encouraged me to go out and find some wool and needles.

My uncle, a CPO in submarines was the one for wool craft. Crochet work was his pastime and I remember all the old jumpers we unravelled and balled up for him for when he came home on leave. No way could you call him girly either!

Gareth

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My grandmother, mother and wife have all failed to teach me how to knit. My great uncle, who had been round the Horn under sail twice was a superb knitter and was fond of pointing out that to call yourself a real man you had to be able to make and mend your own clothing when at sea or in the wild. Thus my own failure to learn how to knit has always rankled. Once, when I was a primary school teacher, I got an eleven year old girl to come into my class of 10 year olds to teach us all how to knit. She suceeded with all 32 of them but failed with me.

So Resnikov- respect!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE