Turning Beach Rubbish into Xmas Trees, 100% recycled

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We have the recycle bins but not the swap shed. That sounds like a brilliant idea :)
Most of us take stuff good enough like that (not electrical though; they won't take electrical since it has to be checked by a qualified person before they are allowed to sell it) to the local charity shops. Our local one supports the Hospice.

M

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
My local tip / recycling centre has a container for people to put unwanted stuff but that's still good enough to be used for other folks to pick up if wanted - usually a couple of desks, wardrobe, drawers, filing cabinets, kids bikes etc in there. They also have an electrical locker but aren't allowed to re purpose electrical stuff...

We got three fire grates the other week - good job as we'll be re-instating a couple of fires that were boarded over in the new house.

Oh and I do like the xmas trees - I have seen other things remade from drift debris and those are up there with the better ones.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im waiting to find something interesting on my beach.

So far Ive found a crabs claw and some cuttlebone

plus loads of plastic bits and feathers

Im wondering if I have the wrong beach...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE