Beatrice....a bit of a project...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Be careful with that as stuff like Aspen fuel/Whitegas/Colemans is Naphtha and definitely isn't suitable for the Beatrice unless you really want to run around screaming from the resulting fireball...

It depends. Naphtha is a general term and can be labelled as lots of things including kerosene. Similarly Kerosene NP-1 being sold as bbq lighting fluid which could be used as a substitute also.

Reactions: Toddy

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Be careful with that as stuff like Aspen fuel/Whitegas/Colemans is Naphtha and definitely isn't suitable for the Beatrice unless you really want to run around screaming from the resulting fireball...

And, you have a ‘paraffin stove’.

I’ve got a Chinese Diesel heater in the van. I know it inside out now, it runs superbly and keeps us warm. It didn’t always, so I had to ask the internet, which meant…..Facebook.

At this point I’d like to cuss fairly loudly but applaud anyone who’s fallen to Darwin’s Theory and won’t be bothering the genuine seekers of truth again.

So many people on the forums about ‘diesel heaters’ were asking whether it would run on veg oil, on petrol, on recycled chip fat, on paraffin. No, it runs on diesel, it is a diesel heater.

Clue’s in the name :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You have done a beautiful job and I am sure the original makers/owners would have been delighted.

And made far more use of it than me; I have the other to restore, though I am busy with Uni work at the moment.

Reactions: Robbi

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Out of interest.....

My local hardware shop bloke recommended Lamp Oil as a refined odour less paraffin.... It appears to work well.

Quite expensive though... 7 quid a litre... Not something you'd want to run the Bentley on.!!

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE