Trying to got to spoonfest. Trains in the UK?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
750
0
Norway
I am currently trying (against the odds) trying to see if I can get myself to this years spoonfest in Edale. I wondered how the trains in the UK work. Do I need to prebook, or can I just show up at a station (manchester airport?) and get a trainticket (to edale) there and then? Any help is kindly appreciated :)
 
You will save money by booking online in advance. As previously mentioned The Trainline is reliable If you have booked the ticket for a certain train you have to get that train or you will be charged more if you are on the wrong train.
NB Get an open return that way your journey home is less restricted and stress free
 
Takes about 1.5 hours with a change of train at Manchester Piccadilly. Cost is about £15 each way.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE