Trucks and tarps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
Just before xmas I got a ford pickup, a big boys toy and canoe transporter.

I've been looking into truck camping and have been setting up a tarp to use with it. Basically the plan is to make a shelter attached to the truck. Tried it the other day, was an excellent place to suit and cook a fry up on a boys camping trip.

Next job, set up for sleeping! I'm too tall to keep the tail closed so I need the shelter at the end.

Anyone else have this kind of setup our us it just me and an american on the net?

Jay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
i came up with a crazy idea when at santa pod many years ago for a ford show my plans was to get hold of a p100, and telescoping frame type thing that would sit just inside the bed when not being used, but the popup to create a kind of tent frame that could have a tarp over it for camping, you could do something like this but with a few slip joints to allow it to extend over the tailgate to give you more room, and would be quite easy to make as long as you can weld or know someone who can, not sure if this is the kind of thing you mean, but i can post a pic showing what i mean if you want

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE