Trousers for Namibia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Hi Rob, I used Craghoppers, hang on I'll check the models, one set is definitely Kiwi's the other is either Nosquito convertibles or Kiwi convertible and they don't do the mens anymore, they seemed to be pretty good to me.

They do make the same models in ladies fit as well, I hope this helps and hope you have a good time out there :)

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
I`ve used The North Face and Columbia convertibles for some years now...I suppose it`s not so much the brand that matters, but the idea of shorts/long pants rolled into one ...in Africa (according to perssonal experience) both, dawn and dusk usually warrant the use of long trousers due to the cold/mozzies...both brands have seen more or less extreme use for during the past six years...and still no need for replacement.

Marko

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Four weeks in Northern Namibia living out the back of a landcruiser with only one shirt and one pair of trousers from Rohan, happily I could wash them in a bucket of cold water and they were clean and dry in half an hour :)

RGRBOX

Forager
I try to always carry both a pair of shorts, and a pair of pants.. I just got myself a pair of pack lite pants from The North Face, and they work great.. very lite. I just worry about if they'll last that long.. anyway, I don't prefer the zipper pants/shorts just for the fact that zippers can fail, and the last thing you need to a pair of pants with only one leg... I also like the US Army style BDU pants in Khaki/Tan color.. light weight, and good qualitiy... here in Europe my Jack Wolfskins kick butt.. they dry very fast, and are very good quality.. I've had a pair for about three years now, and I wear them all the time...

There's a company in the states called Ojai International out of Ca. they make some great shorts..

go to www.ojaionline.com

A

Annie

I have both craghoppers kiwi convertibles & north face paramount convertibles & used both in Africa. I generally take both but keep the craghoppers for smart going out & the north face for out & about outdoors stuff. the paramount are quite expensive at around £60 a pair but are very hardwearing, have many useful pockets plus zipped security pocket inside one of the normal pockets, the zip off legs are some of the best I've found - zips marked L & R for when you're putting them on in a hurry or it's dark and side zips at end of leg so can be put on / off over boots. The only down side I have found is they tend to pill a bit on the bum.
I would also recommend the Mountain Hardear canyon shirt - both mens & ladies versions. SPF 30, fast drying, very cool to wear as has large mesh panel at the back & under the arms. Very useful fold out collar that covers your neck from sun and a large chest pocket that'll take passport & the long boarding cards so really useful when flying, plus look smart if you want to try for a free upgrade!
Re some of the bug proof clothing - you can get a wash-in treatment so you can buy the best stuff & still be bugproof. Whilst out there - tabard is very good - the stick for you rather than the spray and the candles for your room / tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE