trousers for a big guy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
As an ex-pat American living in England, I have no access to my usual gear that's stowed back in Colorado, so I've been slowly putting together camping gear here in the UK, one considered purchase at a time. It's not my intention to fill up a shed with tons of gear; I simply don't have the need to. In fact, I haven't been in the woods for four years now, and it's doing my head in. But I know this much: my blue jeans won't cut it in the UK's wet weather, so I'm looking for a solid pair of trousers that I can grab for when I finally make it outside.

The issue is that I'm a reasonably sizeable fellow, and normally wear a 38/30 loose fit trouser. Even those can be a bit tricky, as I'm always wishing that they sit a bit lower, below what seems to be an endlessly expanding waistline. Each time I look around for outdoor trousers, with water and wear-resistant knee and bum patches, I find them sized for taller, thinner guys.

What trousers do you all recommend? These would have to be in the £30-$100 range and available online (with a good return policy in the event that they don't fit), as I don't drive (long story.) Any ideas?

collie

Jan 31, 2010
limavady N.I.
Go for 5.11 tdu or cotton/ canvas. Sizing is good and comfortable and take a bit of abuse. Got two pair of here thanks paul and slowly rotating out my old craghoppers etc. Buy one of their belts and your setup for anything bushie or casual wear
Cheers eugene

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
When I was a bigger chap I bought most of my trousers from shooting and country pursuit shops. Tend to do a lot of American and northern European brands that fit a decent sized waistline. (Us country lads tended to eat heartily;)). Brands like Aigle, Deerhunter, Harkilla all come in a variety of waist and leg sizes.) If you cant find anyone closer then these folks are brilliant BUSHWEAR, do very good mail order with good returns policy (though I've seldom needed it) and the owner was as big as I was!

ATB,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE