Trips , trails and training

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Morning all ( Its always morning somewhere ) :)
So what have people got planned for this year , Alaska , Borneo, Morac ?
Anyone doing any training for a trip , First aid , navigation , bush mecanics, fitness, ?

Im concidering another Norway trip ( thats a suprise :lmao:) another one week job ,
Kirkenes then bus down to Treriksrøysa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Øvre_Pasvik_National_Park

Thats the fun of planing a trip all the infos to hand thanks to the internet ,,

So what you up to ??????????

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
done a Scotland trip. planning a summer trip to Dartmoor for a week of hiking and camping their. next year Norway.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I reckon Norway.

But also thinking Kings Highway in Sweden.

Might look a bit further a field as I'm working towards getting my motorbike license and having a massive mid life crisis and touring along one of the well known routes in America.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Were comming to the UK in June and July so a bit planned for then.

I'm also trying to convince myself to do the GOAT run between Whakapapa and Turoa on Mt Ruapehu 21K cross country...

http://www.thegoat.co.nz/

I'm currently running every other night about 5-10k and I've been out with the Bergen on tabbing along...

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i keep looking at these norway threads and getting sorely tempted, vague plans are starting to come together for a solo trip later in the year (more likely to be beginning of next year though i think). but that depends on a few other things falling into place first.

slowly starting to get back towards a reasonable level of fitness at the moment after spending the end of december and all of january/febuary recovering from cracked ribs, so lots of circuit training at home and carrying a nice heavy rucksack for dog walking

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hoping to do the Loch Fyne canoe trip this year, it's one I've fancied for a while.
Put in at Lochgoilhead.
Down Loch Goil then Loch Long, past Dunnon and out the Clyde estuary.
Round the Kyles of Bute then up the length of Loch Fyne(probably following the east shore to Otter Spit then wandering from side to side to avoid shore roads).
Finish up at Cairndow, five miles or so from put-in.

It's ninety miles roughly on the map(but canoe routes rarely end up so straight - will likely be closer to a hundred with all the bay-hugging and detours).
Not overly adventurous territory(compared to out the west coast proper) but that's part of the appeal. Rarely far from a road with a bus service.

I'd like to do some west coast island hopping someday but feel I still need another long safe(ish) inshore(ish) trip first. Loch Fyne can have it's moments sometimes but it's not the Atlantic.
Some lovely scenery en-route. Goil, the Kyles of Bute then the sandy beaches along the head of the peninsula. Otter spit will have to be timed for the tide, as will the final stretch....
...fair putting myself in the mood here. :)

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Sweden in June for a week again Cliff, different area to where I have been going to for the last five years. Canoe trip so not much hiking, just a couple of portages by the looks of the maps.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I'm booked an Intermediate Course with Frontier Bushcraft. Hopefully off to Chile on a mountaineering expedition towards the end of the year with work.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I am planning to go to Sweden in May with the Irish Bushcraft Club lads. There is eleven of us booked to go. We are planning on going to Karlsborg/Tiveden ( any info on the area welcome) for 5 days. This is a follow up to last years Norway trip following in your footsteps. Thanks to you guys (Martin and Cliff) for showing us that it is not as difficult as it may seem. Keep up the trips.
I was especially looking forward to going to the place that makes probably the best beer in the world, then, they told me thats KarlsbErg.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Also off to Minnesota in June for a week, the wife's doing a bear keeping course while I hike a bit of the Superior Hiking Trail, maybe catching up with some of the US HF members for an overnighter.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A couple of sea kayak trips loosely planned for this summer-Start at Loch Shiel and paddle all the way down to the sea and back. Loch Fyne looks good too. South wales coast in 4 weeks for definite.

Possibly Sweden at the end of July for the HF group hang.

A trip to the arctic in the winter is a definite, hoping to get up to the Cairngorms if its due really cold.

3 weeks work in Edale coming soon.

Lannymans 15 items or less starving challenge.

Anything else that looks appealing :)

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'll be doing the 5 Sisters of Kintail starting from the west and camping at the East end, then retracing my steps back to Kintail lodge for beer and medals the next day. I may also attempt the Loch Mullardoch round in May but I'm not really fit enough at the moment. http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13863
In June I may do some camping in Knoydart.
July/August is the Moot, 2 weeks of chillaxing and hurling insults at hammockers.
October onwards and my thoughts turn to the skiing season, great things are planned for this season.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE