Trips , trails and training

bearbait

Four and a half months in western North America: British Columbia south to California, Arizona and New Mexico, day-hiking (mostly) in the National Parks, National Forests and Recreation Areas, and in the Provincial and State Parks. Basically anywhere where there's a bit of wilderness.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
The normal meets and stealth camps are on the agenda for me and a few weeks in Canada this summer to visit home. That'll be West Coast camping as well as some prairie action for me. Looking forward to visiting old haunts as well as new ones...2013 I should hopefully have some more money saved so that'll be trips to Norway and hopefully Bulgaria for a bit of bushcrafting.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
I have the wifes blessing for a Norway trip after showing her the thread you, martin and dave put up. Haven't figured out the logistics yet but i want it to be in the next 12 months. i've got most of the gear i'd need so I may as well put it through it's paces :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Am hoping to get to a few meets this year at the very least, now I have officially retired from footy, Im gonna have some spare time at the weekends to get out.

My main ambiiton though is to go on my very first mini hiking trip, I have been slowly slowly gather gear (this place has been amazing for reviews and pointers by the way) and Im hoping to do this -

http://www.scotlandbackpacking.com/southern.html - the Isle of Arran (anyone done it? tips and hints are very welcome indeed)

I appreciate its only 10 miles long but it could make a nice weekend.
Before I do it though I really do need to get myself on some sort of bushcraft coarse to help me out with my navigation and bits and bobs!!
Once the wedding is out of the way it will be full steam ahead lol

Cheers
STeve

Last edited:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Am hoping to get to a few meets this year at the very least, now I have officially retired from footy, Im gonna have some spare time at the weekends to get out.

My main ambiiton though is to go on my very first mini hiking trip, I have been slowly slowly gather gear (this place has been amazing for reviews and pointers by the way) and Im hoping to do this -

http://www.scotlandbackpacking.com/southern.html - the Isle of Arran (anyone done it? tips and hints are very welcome indeed)

I appreciate its only 10 miles long but it could make a nice weekend.
Before I do it though I really do need to get myself on some sort of bushcraft coarse to help me out with my navigation and bits and bobs!!
Once the wedding is out of the way it will be full steam ahead lol

Cheers
STeve

Good man, glad your getting your kit together. Arran looks great, not been there since I was knee high so don't remember it too well.

If you fancy any company, just hollar dude. Your always welcome in my motor, especially since you can make a good roll-up! :lmao:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Good man, glad your getting your kit together. Arran looks great, not been there since I was knee high so don't remember it too well.

If you fancy any company, just hollar dude. Your always welcome in my motor, especially since you can make a good roll-up! :lmao:

Lol Pete!!!!!

Yeh my kit is getting there, still nt as lightweight as yours but better than it was, I also bought a couple of merino tops and took delivery of an exped syn mat today the ul version!!

Never been to Scotland before mate, you should send me some dates over your free and perhaps we can get summit going?

Im also hoping to go to the extended northwood meet but only for a few days, try and steal some more information off these awfully nice people!! :lmao:

Cheers
Steve

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Lol Pete!!!!!

Yeh my kit is getting there, still nt as lightweight as yours but better than it was, I also bought a couple of merino tops and took delivery of an exped syn mat today the ul version!!

Never been to Scotland before mate, you should send me some dates over your free and perhaps we can get summit going?

Im also hoping to go to the extended northwood meet but only for a few days, try and steal some more information off these awfully nice people!! :lmao:

Cheers
Steve

Thats sealed it mate, I've gotta check out ya new mat :)

Most weekends aren't a problem, my boss is a top bloke. Expect some trip planning PM tennis in a few weeks,

i have a bowyer course at woodsmoke end of june that lisa bought me as a christmas gift.
other than that i'm doing the usual over nights at the permission when i get the chance
i also plan to work my way from first page to last page of mr mears outdoor survival handbook and attempt or do every skill listed (some might prove troublesome but i will give it a go)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE