Tree ID?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Hello, would anyone be kind enough to have a stab at identifying the trees that these leafs belong to? The one with the berry (might be an immature berry) has attractive bark with lots of horizontal slashes (lenticels?). Thanks if you can help.

005-28.jpg

006-23.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Is this a recent picutre? All of the cherries up here have either been eaten (mostly by me) or are black and the other side of ripe.
Are the seasons that far behind up there?

You wouldn't eat the ones we get growing wild round here. We call them bird cherries as they are the only thing that will eat them, they are so bitter and dry the inside of your mouth like Sloe berries.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Prunus avium - Bird cherry.

Been a very good year for cherries, I've eaten loads.

It's a bit more complicated than that Prunus avium is wild cherry or gean, Prunus padus is bird cherry and is not common nationally but common wild in Derbyshire.

Ignore wikipedia entries which are wrong, this is better http://www.2020site.org/trees/cherry.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE