Travelling from Birmingham to Peak District via train?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 18, 2014
UK
Any national rail links? How far is Macclesfield from the peaks? I have checked nationalrail but thought I'd ask here too. Would appreciate any feedback.

Or if anyone knows a good place local to Birmingham where I can go out and practise bushcraft and camp a few nights that would be ideal.

Muncus

Any national rail links? How far is Macclesfield from the peaks? I have checked nationalrail but thought I'd ask here too. Would appreciate any feedback.

Or if anyone knows a good place local to Birmingham where I can go out and practise bushcraft and camp a few nights that would be ideal.

For the Dark Peak your best bet is Birmingham to Manchester or Sheffield and then look to go to Edale for Kinder, Glossop for Bleaklow.

Or for the White Peak you can get to Buxton and look at buses from there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The Peak District's pretty big Orome (555 square miles spread over 6 different counties), did you have an idea of whereabouts you might want to go?

Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

hi Orome and welcome, I guess your closest organised meet would be here, but if your prepared to travel there are very good venues elsewhere, try here.

Steve

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
I think that there are trains from Sheffield into Hathersage or Bakewell. Alternatively you could get off one stop earlier in Chesterfield, from which there are buses into the Peak. Also Matlock is accessible by train from Derby or Nottingham (can't remember which or whether it's both).

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
One of my first solo walking/ camping trips started in chesterfield, on to bakewell in a day, then to buxton the next day, then to eyam on 3rd day, back to chesterfield on the fourth.

I've notices a few folks on here from coventry and warwickshire [I went to uni in cov]

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
Easiest would be from Birmingham to Sheffield then Sheffield to Hathersage. Just over an hour from Brum to Sheff and about 20 mins from Sheff to Hathersage. Then easy walking distance to stanage and Robin Hood's Cave, or millstone and secret garden (both with birch forest) or further on up to the Burbage valley. Amazing part of the country enjoy it.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Get to Sheffield, then you have the choice of Hathersage, Hope or Edale any of these will get you into the heart of the "Dark Peak" I normally get off at Hope on Fri and do a circular route and end up at Edale on the Sunday!!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE