Traveling Companions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey all thanks for posting.
Chinkapin, you're right there are some bad dogs/bad dog owners out there, but I really hold with Bravo4's statement that it's really the owners. Snoop my mutt is a (mostly) working dog / best friend. As such he is rarely on a lead and does mostly what he's told. I watch a lot of wildlife ( when he's not earning his keep keeping pests down) and he's more than happy sitting down in his little camo "buff" ( he's got a lot of white in his coat ) just watching, you can tell when natures starting to get the better of him as like most Jacks the adrenalin starts to make him quiver - then it's time to calm him down. He actually behaves better off the lead, and better still out of his collar as he then knows he's working. Of course sometimes he's a little fud and does something stupid, but it's usually because I've not been paying enough head to him. But the same can be said of most relationships. It's like they say, " guns don't kill people, people kill people". It can be a fantastic relationship moving as one with an animal in the wilderness. Also Bravo4, a good mate of mine lives in Oz and they have a phrase for dogs that don't learn and chase the wildlife... "weekenders", 'cause that's how long they last with some of the critters out there.
Wayland, she's sounds a rogue alright. I had to teach Snoop a hard lesson RE roads when we lived in Glasgow as I lost my other dog that way. Nelson the wolfhound was earning his keep chasing a deer ( was legal then ), and crossed a rural road at the wrong time and was hit by a car that didn't stop. And I had to do probably the second hardest thing I've had to do and put him out of his missery myself as he was in such a mess so far from a vet. ( Not unlike the "goatwalking" book mentioned in this thread.)
Irishlostboy, hopeyou don't mind but I added Mistur Brown as a friend like climderslacker did, will be fun to see his adventures.
Treadlightly... I to find some of the posting shenanigan things here confusing too, but will also persivere.
Will speak soon,
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE