Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolflore

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2005
Twickenham
What you going to do with it, drive a car over one? Thinner gauge aluminium but easy to re-shape if you are the clumsy type and you can use the pans over a fire too.

Haha, you never know! I'll have to get in to Claus in Kingston and see if they have them in stock.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
my swedish army burner says Trangia on it,....how is it not considered a real trangia?

No, Trangia made some of the burners (not the majority IIRC) and had nothing to do with the stove design ...no they are not a real Trangia which commonly refers to a complete cooking system/Storm cooker.

All you have is a non standard Trangia burner and set of non Trangia pans, different to the more efficient storm cooker system manufactured by Trangia.

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster UK
Sorry for digging this thread up, didn't really want to make another thread and then be told I should have posted in here..

Anyway I got one of these fine pieces of kit today. I am impressed though I have to wait a few more days for the Kuska cup to come (though I did discover that the plastic mug I already have fits rather well).
Anyway I did a test run using some Isoprol I already had and other than the soot it performed well. Anyway my question is this; Is there a set formula to work out how much meths I should pour in for a set boil time?

Cheers
Oliver

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
hmmm,..

its trial and error to a point,..

and then the season and enviroment will effect it further still,....

depends how much water in what kind of pot too,...

have a play about mate,...not that anyone need an excuse for a garden brew,..

all together,...

GARDEN BREEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha

ahem,..sorry, i get like this on fridays

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE