Trangia copy Lidl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
I suspect I got a duff burner. The simmering ring fell apart the first time I touched it and as said the burner never achieved the gas ring affect, it just kept buring directly from the reservoir.

Although the lid speeds up the boiling I would expect the unit to be able to boil without it, the SA version does. If it can't then I don't rate it's chances of frying anything. I imagine once my replacement burner arrives it will all work just fine. :)

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
fa11en ange1 said:
The Lidl burner stayed alight for the duration of the test but never seemed to achieve the 'gas ring' effect of the SA burner.

So I'm curious, did I do something wrong in getting the thing going or is the burner just duff? I suspect it may be an issue with the burner because there are fewer holes in the ring and they are all a lot larger than the proper Trangia burner.

I picked one up yesterday and tested it in a similar way.

I started my SA stove at the same time as the Lidl one and attempted to boil the same amount of water in each. The SA stove beat the copy by a good few minutes and the copy likes yours never reached a good rolling boil until I covered it.
The copy burner also never got going as well as the SA one, I too noticed the burner holes were quite large and wondered if this was stopping it building up a head of vapour.

Still, for 7 quid you can't complain and it does work, just not as well as the SA kit.

Simon.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
spamel said:
These are now cropping up on ebay, going for 15 quid!!!

Beat me to it!

Quiet afternoon? I'm waiting on our net.techies to connect me back up to our source repository. Pouring scorn on Ebayers seemed the natural stopgap...

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE