Trangia clikstand - review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
beachlover said:
Just done it!
It works a treat...

Yep, it certainly does...

wirestand.gif

and (sorry about the blurry pic)...

wirestand1.gif

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Trust you Martin - I thought my poor old tent peg was a good idea! :banghead:

Right im off to sulk!

Nov 4, 2004
United States
Hi Guys,

I'm glad you are enjoying the Clikstand! I see you have figured out why I put those small cutouts next to the protrusions that the pot sets on. I'm impressed! My prototype for the coathanger was a one piece, triangular affair that was bent up halfway in between each corner to bring the cup to the same height it would have if it were sitting on the standard protrusions. It makes the Clikstand compatible with cups or pots too small to fit on the standard protrusions, but of course you have already demonstrated that! If you have any questions for me about the design, function etc. feel free to drop me an e-mail at scott@clikstand.com.

Answers to some other questions:

Yes you can bend the tabs in a bit, but I think the coathanger setup is better.

The MSR Titan kettle is not an ideal match for the Clikstand windscreen. It will fit on the tabs okay if carefully centered, but the handles are too low for the windscreen and I am not sure that the Clikstand will pack inside. The Evernew 0.9L is a much better match (the Clikstand was designed around it) and is comparable in cost (I think).

I will try to find some pictures of my coathanger setup...

Scott Reiner

Nov 4, 2004
United States
One more thing...I have heard some talk of Clikstand compatibility with the Trangia pressurized gas burner attachment. I am planning to release a sidewall for the Clikstand that will accommodate the Trangia gas burner attachment. So for those of you who prefer that burner (even sometimes) this will be a great solution. Cheers,

Scott

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
sreiner said:
One more thing...I have heard some talk of Clikstand compatibility with the Trangia pressurized gas burner attachment. I am planning to release a sidewall for the Clikstand that will accommodate the Trangia gas burner attachment. So for those of you who prefer that burner (even sometimes) this will be a great solution. Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for that Scott, actually, I have a trangia nova which I was wondering if it'd fit....

see http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4553

...if a sidewall was modified. It'd be cool if you gas burner mod also allowed the use of the optimus multi fuel burner too.

Nov 4, 2004
United States
Martyn,

Yes, the sidewall I plan to design should accomodate the "Trangia Nova" or the Primus gas burner that Trangia sells as an attachment. Basically I plan to make an accessory sidewall that replicates the large hole in the side of the Trangia base or something similar. I will try to keep the opening as small as possible so as to maintain good air control.

I have also experimented with sidewalls that have no holes at all in an effort to simulate the directional aspect of the big Trangia sets. This is okay, but under most conditions it is best to have even air flow all around (at least according to my tests). Of course it is easy enough to block the holes with some aluminum tape if a person wanted to use it that way.

If there are any other gas stove attachments out there that people would like to see made compatible with the Clikstand let me know. I will try to accommodate them all with one design if I can...Thanks,

Scott

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
sreiner said:
If there are any other gas stove attachments out there that people would like to see made compatible with the Clikstand let me know. I will try to accommodate them all with one design if I can...Thanks,

Scott
Hi Scott, your clickstand looks like a great piece of kit.

the range of primus himalaya stoves come in gas and multifuel variants and are one of the leading brands alongside the optimus Nova.

I have the gas only variant and rate it better than any other gas stove I've used to date. I think it would be great if this could be fitted to the clickstand.

The design of the himalaya stoves hints that by undoing one central brass nut on the base of the stove, all 3 legs would come off and leave a burner unit in a "cup" that might fit the clickstand easily - in much the same way that the nova conversion works. It would be great if you could take a look at that as a possible conversion too.

Note that primus don't sell a trangia conversion bracket for their stoves like optimus do for the nova but if the sizing is right, this would only be one strip of bent metal.

Cheers,

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi everyone just received my clickstand from Gary just made a mocha in my kitchen with it, fantastic much quicker to bring the water to the boil than i thought it would be. I am really pleased with it and the service i got from Gary was second to none i can not recommend them both highly enough. cheers for all your help on the phone as well Gary.

Big thumbs up for Gary and bearclawbushcraft.co.uk

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I think I have found a source of titanium sheeting for those who want to make their own clickstands. Here is the link:

http://www.alphaknifesupply.com/ti-small.htm

They have a bewildering range of grades, thicknesses and sizes available - and they also do just about every other material for knifemaking possible.

Not sure if they will ship to the UK, but as most American dealers are pretty enterprising I would be amazed if they did not.

Best wishes

Bruce

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
ive used the clickstand for a few weeks now and its fantastic, :biggthump and top service from bearclaw once again :super: :You_Rock_ fuzzy face :wink:your not easily going to make these things, it will be quicker and cheaper and easier to buy one unless you have a pair of dies and a press handy :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE