Trail snacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Can't beat home-made flapjacks (from the Winnie-the-Pooh cookbook...), and fruit 'biltong', with hazelnuts, raisins, chocolate drops, dried apple and banana bits, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and freeze-dried blueberries. Pumpkin (or watermelon seeds) are great, 'cos in the warmer parts of the world, you can plant them in each camp you make, and next year you might be pleasantly surprised...

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hobnon Flapjacks?

Being a huge fan of choccy Hobnobs (kept in the fridge - of course) I'm ashamed to say I've never tried them.

Have to keep a good look out. Sound yummy :)

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
moduser said:
Hobnon Flapjacks?

Being a huge fan of choccy Hobnobs (kept in the fridge - of course) I'm ashamed to say I've never tried them.

Have to keep a good look out. Sound yummy :)
Bowdie got some from Somerfields in Wales. He brought a stash home. Haven't spottend them in any other supermarket yet. If you do, please let me know.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
raskusdrotti said:
Ehh?? :confused:

Wossat?
Green & Blacks... the most glorious dark organic chocolate...get it in supermarkets in the organic section.. even the milk version is quite dark... no going back to cadburies once you've tried this stuff... FairTrade too... unfortunately the company has just been sold to Nestle.... edited for accuracy.. actually it's Cadbury Schweppes who've taken over, thanks Sheryl.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Justin Time said:
Green & Blacks... the most glorious dark organic chocolate...get it in supermarkets in the organic section.. even the milk version is quite dark... no going back to cadburies once you've tried this stuff... FairTrade too... unfortunately the company has just been sold to Nestle....
It's OK Andrew, according to Green & Black's website they've actually been taken over by Cadbury Schweppes. *relief*

You really had me worried there. We've been boycotting Nasty-Nestle for a number of years now and the [size=-1](Expletive deleted) [/size]evil giant just keeps swallowing up one previously sound company after another! I couldn't believe it when I spotted their logo on After Eights a couple of years ago, my favourite chocolates in all the world. They even own water! Try buying a bottle of water without the Danone logo on it and Danone are now owned by, guess who...? :(

At least they haven't got their grubby little hands hands on Green & Blacks after all :)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
thanks for putting me right Sheryl, I won't have to go without... my midwife friends would have tortured me with strange midwifery type tools if I'd bought Nestle stuff.

let's hope that Cadbury don't mess it up.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I saw an interview with the former owner of Green & Black's, and from what i remember, part of the deal was that Cadburys were going to leave the existing management team in control and no changes to the product were to be made what so ever. You know how these things sometimes turn out though, but we live in hope

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was given a box of assorted Green & Black's chocolates at Xmas......the white stuff is excellent :) but it's still hard to beat Maya Gold :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
raskusdrotti said:
I just went to Sainsburys to get some Green & Blacks!

It's lovely! I can't eat a whole bar - which is a first!

Try the one with butterscotch chips in - bet you can!

Re: Cadbury takeover: I hope they mean it (about not touching the product OR its ethical sourcing of RMs[1] I'll be watching and fully prepared to withdraw my custom :cool:

Jim.

[1] Raw materials, not R*y M**rs

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Cadbury certainly used to be good guys themselves. Quaker origins, Worker Vilage, Worker Health Care etc... Haven't researched them lately but I've heard nothing to the contrary. I confess I don't know anything about the Schweppes background but I'm hopeful they'll leave G&B to their own devices, pretty much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE