Trail-cam's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merman

Oct 20, 2009
south west
Has anyone had much experience with trail cameras? My wife bought me a Bushnell trail cam for Christmas, but so far have not been terribly successful, two phesents, a stray cat and the neighbour walking her dog.
Any tips on the camera settings etc. would be gratefully received, it would be great to see some pictures captured as well.
:)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It's only going to take pictures of what's there. Decide what you're quarry is and look for the tracks and field sign to enable you to position your camera. I've just been out this morning to set mine up on a suspected otter holt. I also prefer to use the video setting rather than the stills at 30 second lengths with a 10 second interval.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I know nothing about them but Ive been thinking about getting one for a while, after seeing BushRangerCZ'z Czech wildife photos. [And after we woke up this morning to find the 2by2 birdtable stand broken clean in half, in the backgarden...:yikes:]

Which model have you two got?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
test.jpg

My wife has just got one for her birthday and we're going through the same process. I set it up where I feed my hens and put an extra bit of food out after dark - I suspected mice or a rat was taking the food but the rabbits were in and out all night eating the mixed corn.

I'm going to peg out a dead rabbit or pheasant for scavengers - buzzard, raven and carrion crows. There are signs of otter in the river by my house - spraint just upstream and female with cubs seen a couple of miles downstream, might try a fish oil bait on a rock midstream?

merman

Oct 20, 2009
south west
I have a Bushnell trophy cam xlt, it was near my phesent feeders but I have moved it close to a badgers set, there are also a lot of deer tracks in the areas so I guess it is a case of wait and see, also I think a salt lick may improve my chances.

Great picture of a rabbit...... Would love to see more animals though...

I will defiantly try to start taking video as I think it my be more rewarding than the tail feathers I keep getting. What is the best distance range to try and capture video in?

Regards Nick

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE