GoPro advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
You can't change the battery and i thought that was going to cause me issues andit's the reason what made me get the 4 silver first and 2 spare batteries, i carry usb power bank batteries like what folks use to keep their iphones alive and it recharges in just over an hour, this is why i plan to grab another so i can run one whilst the other is charging, i still like the 4 silver but it just has so many features i found i don't need yet, I have a 4k monitor and my pc can play 4k no problem but not edit it, so currently not shooting 4k cos my pc can't handle it, need to upgrade my ram and to a 64 bit operating system so it is at least as powerful as my new cellphone hahahahahaha

Only real downside i found is if you are in and out of the water with it you need to give it a shake when you bring it out the water as sometimes a drop of water must get stuck on the mic and the sound it picks up sounds like the camera is still under water, found this out when i started editing the footage from my recent trip, no deal breaker or nothing just something i have to remember next time

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thanks chaps. The Stealth does look interesting, but I think the Gopro has a playback screen. I admit to being a bit of a snob with stuff and usually opt for originals.
basically I don't buy a Chinese "swiss" army knife when I know the Victorinox is better.

So, question, is the Gopro better for the money and is it worth it?

I've got a 3+ black edition with the back screen and remote. Love it! You should get one of those for around £150 by now

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
The Hero 5 Black is the business and the cheapest I've seen it for is £300 without accessories or memory card or spare battery. It is water proof so no need for housings etc, video quality is supposed to be 2nd to none.
IF you can afford the the best then this is it.

Don't buy Go Pro accessories as 3rd party stuff fits perfectly and is soo much cheaper its ridiculous.

I could not afford the Go Pro camera so I bought the Muvi K2 series camera. 1080p, comes with a memory card and accessories. £120. Fits all standard Go Pro accessories and designs also the batteries last a lot longer than Go Pro. Video quality is good but not as good as Go Pro but the Muvi is better in low light conditions. However this can lead to over saturation in bright conditions.

For the money I was happy with it.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I would recommend the git2, they are bringing out a git3 soon which will support external gps module and 2nd attached camera.

for accesories, check out amazon, i got a huge accessory pack, originally 50, down to 16, then down to 7 as amazon lighting deal, and with a £5 coupon so all for only £2

original gopro accesories are so expensive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE