SJ4000 WiFi Action Camera Review (and Discount)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Got myself an sj5000 wifi plus last week, impressed so far with it's ease of use, laptop will arrive shortly (currently don't have one) I'm looking forward to seeing what can be achieved with this.

Anyone have any advice on what kind of editing software to use... Ideally free lol

Luke

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Got myself an sj5000 wifi plus last week, impressed so far with it's ease of use, laptop will arrive shortly (currently don't have one) I'm looking forward to seeing what can be achieved with this.

Anyone have any advice on what kind of editing software to use... Ideally free lol

Luke

Ive been using gopro editing suite, free
and sometimes windows movie maker

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
For basic editing, try Avidemux, free, can cut, filter, re-encode and do many weird and wonderful things.

Sep 9, 2015
tamworth
Just saw this thread thought i should say my bit well praise the little sjcam i have the sj4000 wifi and last month decided to go our caravan up at skeggy 1st week up there this year as it was un rented. So took my little camera for a real test well ripping round on the mtb and normal stuff didnt do much thought strap it on and bladt on the jetski see what i get. Well all strapped of i go thinking nothing of the camera enjoying the fun with mrs and kids. Back at the van i tried turning it on nothing!!!!!!!! I had only left the vented door on and not fully waterproof door muppet!
Well battery was knackered so took it all apart hair dryer on it and new battery nothing! Dam. Well fast forward a few weeks i tried it again battery dead thought plug it in and low and behold it works again including the wifi.
So only lost a battery but a new one is a few quid needless to im really impressed with the little sjcam
Just make sure you do your homework plenty fakes around

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Just saw this thread thought i should say my bit well praise the little sjcam i have the sj4000 wifi and last month decided to go our caravan up at skeggy 1st week up there this year as it was un rented. So took my little camera for a real test well ripping round on the mtb and normal stuff didnt do much thought strap it on and bladt on the jetski see what i get. Well all strapped of i go thinking nothing of the camera enjoying the fun with mrs and kids. Back at the van i tried turning it on nothing!!!!!!!! I had only left the vented door on and not fully waterproof door muppet!
Well battery was knackered so took it all apart hair dryer on it and new battery nothing! Dam. Well fast forward a few weeks i tried it again battery dead thought plug it in and low and behold it works again including the wifi.
So only lost a battery but a new one is a few quid needless to im really impressed with the little sjcam
Just make sure you do your homework plenty fakes around

2 new batteries and a recharger dock are £10, its microusb powered so it can be charged from a larger battery pack.

there are quality issues with SJ5000+, had to send mine back,
SJ4000 range seems fine, just lower quality stills.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Update
my Sj500Plus has been 2 months now in process of being repaired by banggood.com, so would avoid them if possible.

have bought a Git2 camera direct from gitup.com and it is marvelous, much better than the Sj5000plus
would strongly recommend stearing clear of the 5000plus, the 4000 was much better in terms of reliability etc.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
great little camera for small money, I have used mine many times and it is fantastic, I am not a video buff or any good at filming, but for my you tube channel and to just throw it into a suitcase it is a great bit of kit, great review by the way and some lovely pics thank you for taking the time to post

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE