Traditional Archery - 2 Day Challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Here's something a bit different for you traditional archery buffs out there, there is a 2 day event being held at Locko Park, near Derby on the 8th & 9th September which comprises of 4 disciplines, target, field, roving and clout, half with a day at each.

As it's a traditional event then it's no compounds or crossbows and everyone must use wooden arrows, but apart from that anything goes :D Everybody competes against everybody else, there's no classes as the thinking is that the advantages of any particular bow type in one discipline will be potentially lost in any of the other disciplines.

One of the best things about this one is that it has it's own insurance so you don't have to belong to any specific society :)

I believe there are prizes for each discipline, but I do know that the overall prize is a Bickerstaffe bow worth £400.

This is sponsored by Bow International magazine and details can apparently be found in there magazine but unfortunately they don't have a web-site.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll try and get the answers.

Application forms can be downloaded form here

Disclaimer
I'm not involved in the organisation or running of this event in any way, but my club (Black Arrow Field Archery Club) has been asked to provide the catering and I may be helping out with that (make of that what you will :))

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Sounds like a great event Jim,
If I hadn't already been booked for that weekend, I'd seriously think of attending - not to compete but just take part - I'm not that good any more. Is the Bickerstaff bow a father or son item, at that price it could be a self yew one. Ron (IIRC) tillered two of my bows, taking them from acceptable to outstanding.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE