Tracking - photo challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just for fun, I took two photos of the same view this weekend - one zoomed out and one zoomed in.

My personal "pointer" (Bushbaby who has phemomenal observational powers) pointed out the creature in plain sight. They normally conceal far better but this particular terrain didn't lend itself to it

So...who or what is hiding in this field?

3414260787_77644c39d9_o.jpg

(I know its hard to tell - just looking for an educated guess and location - kind of natures "spot the ball" if you like) :D

Red

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I think I spotted something that looks like a small dog, hard to get a sense of perspective, a Jack Russel perhaps?

If it's the same thing the others are looking at it looks to me that the eyes are close together and forward facing, sugesting predator rather than prey.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
here.png

I'm thinking. Just seems out of place to me. And thinking about it (and because somebody suggested it and I'm not above following the crowd) it's a pheasant.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
here.png

I'm thinking. Just seems out of place to me. And thinking about it (and because somebody suggested it and I'm not above following the crowd) it's a pheasant.

That's was my first choice in that location, but if it's in the location below, I'm thinkin' bunny.

3414260787_77644c39d9_o.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent - mace242 wins the prize!

A close up op the spot circled

3414260783_7246f90492_o.jpg

They do stand out when the wheat is green like that. When its brown and thigh high they erupt from the field margins clattering and quawking from about 3 feet away. Scared the life out of me many a time!

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Nice. Is it me or do there seem to be loads of pheasants about this year? I seem to be seeing more in the fields as I go about than usual. We also get one that takes the best from the bird feeders in our garden. He's called Sunday - as in lunch.... ;)

Do have to say that I'm really enjoying this kind of thread lately. Thanks Red.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Meh - is fun for me too :)

Round here a safe bet is "buzzard", "pheasant" "Hare" "badger", "roe" or "fox" :D

Mike, I don't know about troopers...but I got lamped a couple of months ago when walking without a torch. Thats a bowel loosening moment!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE