Tracking Live Case - whose babies are we (large picc)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So...who are today's new borns??

4757757513_1d895c4f62_b.jpg

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
location seems to be a bird box? is that more usual for great tits?

Tits do like boxes. Also look at the beak construction and you can see what shape it will turn into once the gape starts disappearing, which will then show you what they eat as adults. The nest construction is important, blackbirds don't tend to use green stuff and moss, just brown grasses and thin twigs, starlings make a big mess and not really a proper construction, thrush would be mud lined, robin lined with fine grasses and hairs, same with blue tits. You can't be 100% with a quick shot like that unless you are a bird nerd, but you can narrow it down. The Hair Bear Bunch affros also make me think Great tit, although robins have them too.

Still, birds are not my forte, so I could be well wrong :lmao:

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, I can positively rule out great tits. Its not a bird box by the way, but shoved into the roof line of the log store by the back door of the cottage

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are robins - you got it on the first hit scorpio :)

I didn't call it "won" cos it was in a long list ;) Not often you can take a picture like that stood inside your own back door is it?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They are robins - you got it on the first hit scorpio :)

I didn't call it "won" cos it was in a long list ;) Not often you can take a picture like that stood inside your own back door is it?

Nice one Scorps, although you should be penalized for African grey ;)

You're lucky Red, closest I have to wild birds in my place is this daft budgie I found in the woods last year..

DSC05705.jpg

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
wooop! thought it looked like a nest my nan had in the garage!
google: "afro headed baby bird" and you will see why i had to guess african grey! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE