Tracking course for bcuk members: 3rd - 8th October 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
I am really gutted , alll leave canceled at work so I will not be able to come. I really hope the course can still go ahead with others and would like to do it if it comes up again. I am really sorry to do this to the others going but unfortunatly I have no choice

Woody

Forager
Guys,

Apologies for any delay getting information out to you, I am out in Borneo and have just emerged from the jungle today read the threads and I know Tony is very busy and may not have had time to contact every one.

If you contact Becky on 01432 356700 or email inforequest@bushcraftexpeditions.com she will be able to give you full details. You will need to provide your full name, address and contact details and BCUK user name.

Full payment can now be made directly to Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions Office.

If paying by paypal the email address is as above.

If paying by card please phone the number above and Becky will take your details.

If paying directly into the bank please phone the number above for the account details.
All payments are by secure means.

The RV timing for both the Tracking course and Wild foods Course is 1800hr

All other details can be found on the first page of this thread or via our secure UK additional information page. Please contact Becky for the password for this (The password will only be given out to course members on receipt of course fees/payment)

Details of travel options for public transport etc can be found on the additional information page or by speaking to Becky in the BE office.

Clothing and equipment requirements are as per the kit list which can be found here

Please remember the courses are self-catering so you will need your field cooking facilities and food

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office.

Regards

Woody

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Tony

Bad news for the Dark Horses I'm afraid. Our child care arrangements have fallen through. However Mrs DHD has graciously said that I should still go while she stays home & looks after the kids.

Very sorry about this, and really hope it doesn't muck anybody about. On the assumption that all is OK I'll settle up shortly direct with Bushcraft Expeditions.

Cheers

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Tony

Bad news for the Dark Horses I'm afraid. Our child care arrangements have fallen through. However Mrs DHD has graciously said that I should still go while she stays home & looks after the kids.

Very sorry about this, and really hope it doesn't muck anybody about. On the assumption that all is OK I'll settle up shortly direct with Bushcraft Expeditions.

Cheers

OK, I'm all paid up and all is OK, so I'm now raring to go!

Many thanks for arranging this Tony

Regards,

Dave

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry to hear about that mate, I bet she's gutted, I seem to recall she was after a place first :D Let her know there will be a next time.

Good stuff, all the emails went out last week so we're waiting for the rest to secure places.

jmatthews

Jul 5, 2007
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Is anyone driving from or past the Cheltenham/Gloucester area and up for sharing a lift? Am happy to give petrol money. I'm doing the Wild foods course as well as the Tracking so would be looking to head back on the 10th
Cheers, James

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is anyone driving from or past the Cheltenham/Gloucester area and up for sharing a lift? Am happy to give petrol money. I'm doing the Wild foods course as well as the Tracking so would be looking to head back on the 10th
Cheers, James

I'll be passing through your way about 13:30 if you can get to Michealwood services on the M5 ?

EDIT:

Just noticed the RV time is different on Woody's post above

Make that around 15:30 James

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is one of those polite prompts for the people that committed to go and hence made it possible to run the course, to contact Becky with your payments.

Those that contacted me and let me know that personal circumstances have changed have been accounted for in the list.

wughub ..... Not paid
starhopper2001 ..... Paid
Dark Horse Dave ..... Paid
bowsmith ..... Not Paid
Green Arrow ..... Not Paid
Shewie ..... Paid
Rarky B ..... Paid
vlucas ..... Not Paid
peter_b ..... Not paid
sanslr109 ..... Not Paid
tel boy ..... Not Paid
rainbowhands ..... Paid
jmatthews ..... Paid

Thanks All goodjob

Sep 24, 2010
London
Just booked, looking forward to it. I just wondered if anyone was travelling by car from London for this course and could give me a lift. I can pay money towards petrol?

If not I will drive down by motorbike but makes the packing a bit more challenging :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another big thank you to Woody, Stani and Ross for a great week in the woods. Learnt far more than I thought I would and I've now got new skills to take forward and practice.

Great location, very knowledgeable and friendly staff with a good mix of students.

Now to work on the wife for the Canada exped :)

General direction, eliminate the openings .....

jmatthews

Jul 5, 2007
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Thanks everyone for making it a great course. Looking forward to practising the skills, and cheers again rich for the lift :D
Remember, that when stalking deer to watch out for Dutchmen hiding in trees that may ping you...

James

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Hello everyone, I did the Tracking course arranged by our very own Tony Bristow of BCUK this month, which was run by the company Bushcraft Expeditions, and just wanted to say a few words. Firstly thanks to Woody, Stani, Ross and Adam for a great course. If anyone is thinking of doing a course with these guys they are both very clued up and also helpful & patient. Unfortunately although Tony did his best to fill the minimum of 12 places needed to run this course I understand he was let down late on by members and in the end only seven of us turned up. I don’t know if Bushcraft Expeditions ran the course at a loss but they were good enough not to penalise the rest of us by cancelling the course at the last minute. Obviously it did not show BCUK in too good a light and I just hope it doesn’t make Tony’s job more difficult in future. After all, companies will be reluctant to do us a deal if this sort of thing happens again. Anyway I know I’m speaking for all of us on the course in saying a big thank you to Tony for doing a great job in negotiating a good deal for the course at a reduced price.
Rich B

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE