Tracking course for bcuk members: 3rd - 8th October 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bushcraft UK Tracking course - 3rd - 8th October 2010

The Bushcraft UK, 6 day tracking course is a "no frills" low cost opportunity for members of the Bushcraft UK community to experience top of the range instruction in fantastic rural Dorset.

UK%20images%20%282%29.jpg

During the course students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood collection, cooking and general camp duties.

COURSE DETAILS:

Course provider: Bushcraft Expeditions.
Closing date for places: August 30th 2010
Minimum numbers: 12
Maximum numbers: 16
Minimum age: 18 (17 if accompanied by an adult)
Date of Course - 3rd - 8th October 2010
RV time TBA on the 3rd - Hooke, Dorset
Accommodation: Attendees provide tents, sleeping bags etc.
Catering: Self catering
Cost: £250 (usually £400+)

TRACKING AND STALKING

The Tracking, Stalking and Observation course will open your eyes to the latent information of the natural world around you. There are few skills as rewarding as that of tracking and observing wildlife at close quarters. With practice and perseverance these rewards can be yours.

UK%20images%20%285%29.jpg

During this six day course you will be taught all the necessary skills to locate, track, approach and observe the wildlife around you. We will teach you how to use your senses to their best ability and about the complex interaction between the animals of the field and forest.
During the course you will cover the following subjects:

• Man and animal tracking
  • The qualities of a tracker
  • Why things are seen
  • Camouflage and movement
  • Sign (spoor) identification and interpretation
  • The ageing of sign
  • Tracking terminology
  • Appreciating and using the elements to our advantage
  • The use of the senses in man and animals
  • The use of light in tracking
  • Hand signals used in tracking
  • Information gathering and recording
  • Assessing numbers
  • Primary senses of the quarry
  • The track pursuit procedure
  • Track and tracking discipline
  • Track isolation
  • The lost track and relocating procedure
  • The use of dogs in tracking (interest period)
  • Stalking
  • Hides, observation methods and equipment
Email info@bushcraftuk.com ('Tracking Course' in the subject) to register your interest and receive payment details.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I really fancy this one Tone, would it be okay to stick around for the Wild Foods course too if I came, I take it they're both on the same site ?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've been away for a week (still away for another week) i'll get on top of this when i get back into the thick of things. It's going to be a good course although I understand the dilemma.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
dang its lisa's little 'uns birthday on the third so i wont be able to go. boo hiss

Its my little girls birthday on the 5th too, otherwise i'd defininately be up for this.

Hmmm screaming kids all day...week in the woods tough one that :confused: :)

Jun 27, 2010
London
Hi,

is this still happening? are there places?

I have made an enquirey but got no response?

Ok, Im not a full member yet but I will be in 2 days when I get paid!

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Mrs DHD also wants to go & has put in an enquiry, but I don't think we've heard anything yet. She's just doing some prep with Max Shadowhawk geezer's book by her bedside right now!

If it happens & she gets a place, it sounds like I'll be ferrying her down, setting up her camp and picking her up at the end.....

:rolleyes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'll be getting info out on this today for people that have contacted us, it's probably a good idea to get a list going on here so we can see who's interested, I'll put up the names that we have so far, feel free to correct it if I'm wrong or the status changes.

Mrs Dark Horse Dave (Sarah)
Bowsmith (Martyn)
Green arrow (Nick)
man of tanith
Shewie
Justin Time

So 6 so far.

Anyone else that wants to go add yourself to the list and email info@bushcraftuk.com

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I'll be getting info out on this today for people that have contacted us, it's probably a good idea to get a list going on here so we can see who's interested, I'll put up the names that we have so far, feel free to correct it if I'm wrong or the status changes.

Mrs Dark Horse Dave (Sarah)
Bowsmith (Martyn)
Green arrow (Nick)
man of tanith
Shewie
Justin Time

So 6 so far.

Anyone else that wants to go add yourself to the list and email info@bushcraftuk.com

Thanks Tony. Just been conferring with Mrs DHD. If I've got to take her down & pick her up anyway, I may just as well do the course myself! Email to follow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE