Tourist complains about sight of fish in harbour!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
If you think that's bad some second home owners complained about the noise from my friends farm when he milks the cows they asked him to milk later in the day so as not to disturb them

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Oh, there's plenty of 'em about.

I can recall a few things that have been said to me.

"Those trees need to be chopped down because they make an awful noise when it's windy"

"Come quick! There's a baby badger trying to get in my house and attack us." - it was an escaped ferret.

"Can't something be done about those cows mooing?" - lots of people have heard people say this.

"Your chickens make an awful racket in the morning." to which I had a stand up argument until he was red in the face, as I totally denied I had chickens - they were cockerels.

My favourite was this one:

"Are they squirrels?"
"Yep, vampire squirrels"
"Do they eat nuts?"
"No, meat"

Had one really puzzled grockle walking away from that.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
smack.gif

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
i cant think of what to say, just a strange world we live in. some people love to find something to complain about i have known a few in my time.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was taklking to a butcher once when we were on holiday and he told me about a numpty who came in for a leg of lamb.

He told them he wouldn't have any today but he's got some lamb going for slaughter tomorrow and to come back the day after that. Response from the numpty... 'ohh.. I don't want any if you're going to kill the lamb' :dunno:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The kirk bells, of one form or another, have rung in the village on the same site, for over 1300 years.
A new block of flats was built relatively nearby and the new residents complained and asked the bells be stopped as a nuisance noise :rolleyes:
What the hang did they move here for ?
Needless to say the bells are still ringing :)

cheers,
M

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Its like the low flying complaints we used to get at least once a week after new tenants moved into the cottage on the approach to the grass strip runway at Middle Wallop, DOH!

hunting lass

Jul 5, 2011
Gloucestershire
What an absolute penis he is ! what does he expect being by a harbour, god for bid he ever goes into the country, his poor children will have to suffer at the smells of cow poo and all .

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
What an absolute penis he is ! what does he expect being by a harbour, god for bid he ever goes into the country, his poor children will have to suffer at the smells of cow poo and all .

I think he should be hermetically sealed in a man size Tupperware box for his own good - god forbid he's exposed to anymore realities.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I was in Ilfracombe harbour a coupleof weeks ago, and the same thing happened, but my 13 year old son was interested as to what was going on and not even my 15 year old daughter commented on the smell.

I wonder if he would have complained about the smell in the aquarium at Ilfracombe harbour, as the display that represents the harbour is an open topped display that lets you look down on the fish and it does have a certain aroma about it.

What a Richard Head...

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Doubtless hyped up by the press, but an amusing diversion towards the end of the afternoon.

Is it just me or does the story sound a bit, erm, fishy? Like one of those false stories people write to see how far it goes?

I mean, would he really give his name, would fresh fish actually smell much or be covered in flies?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE