Tourist complains about sight of fish in harbour!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I was taklking to a butcher once when we were on holiday and he told me about a numpty who came in for a leg of lamb.

He told them he wouldn't have any today but he's got some lamb going for slaughter tomorrow and to come back the day after that. Response from the numpty... 'ohh.. I don't want any if you're going to kill the lamb' :dunno:

Maybe they thought lambs are like Stone Crabs; the ones that have one claw harvested and are thrown back to grow a new one for next year.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
My mum and dad got new neighbours a few years ago, proper townies looking for an idyllic rural life. (In the Lake district national park)

In the summer, when the farmers roll their sileage fields to knock the docks etc back, Mrs neighbour asked dad why the fields were all stripy.

He replied that the national park authority pay an extra subsidy for the farmers to plant different varieties of grass in strips so the fields look like a well manicured lawn, so it all looks smart for the tourists.

Happily the fib has become self perpetuating now.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Never believe the press, chances are it's not a full account of the the truth. My grandma used to collect the fur when grooming her samoyed and had it turned into yarn which she used to make some lovely soft and uber warm sweaters. Press wrote a story about it next thing you know she is the crazy lady with a dead dog sweaters. Press declined to state that the dog was alive when she kept the fur and we had people saying it was cruel etc etc

So it maybe that the chaps beef about the harbour might be legit..... Or maybe he is a numpty.....just saying that liberal pinches of salt may be required.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My grandma used to collect the fur when grooming her samoyed and had it turned into yarn...

I ran into someone who did the same (can't remember which breed) and knitted a blankets for the bitch's puppies so it would smell of their mother. I thought that was lovely but as you say, some people think it weird

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE