Top 100 Bushcraft Acronyms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
E

ex member coconino

Bivvied Under Shrubbery Having Carried Rucksack A Fair Tread.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interestingly (and perhaps rather geekily, for which I apologise in advance), it has its origins in the French word caper, meaning to seize, and which is also a slang word for organised robbery, although I don't know for certain that the derivation is connected.

The organized robbery connection might explain the terms "cop a plea", "cop a feel", etc, which have negative images. But I think we may be hi-jacking the thread.

E

ex member coconino

The organized robbery connection might explain the terms "cop a plea", "cop a feel", etc, which have negative images. But I think we may be hi-jacking the thread.

I think the thread was fair game! Besides, we now have a new challenge: invent backronyms for "bushcraft".

E

ex member coconino

Boo! User shanghais honest chap's real attempt for thread.

Nice one! :D

(Excuse me moving your apostrophe, it had somehow shifted to the wrong spot. I can't help it, I'm still a typesetter at heart.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE