Tools of a huntsman..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Just a quick legal note - hunting with a bow in the UK is illegal. Laws vary greatly from country to country but as far as the UK is concerned it's illegal. If you are anywhere else and are unsure, check your local laws. : -l)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Quite right Adi.

In this counrty the closest we can get to bowhunting is field archery.

For those that don't know it's shooting at animal shaped (and sized) paper targets, usually in a woodland environment all at various ranges.

The theroy is because the target can be as thin as a snake or as large as a Buffalo it makes you think about the shot your about to take.

Perhaps it's a little like stalking bowhunting without the stalking, or the hunting, or the adrenilin, or the blood.

Hmmm - I'm sure it's still fun though : -l) , probably more exciting than shooting at a round target in the middle of a field.

Cheers

Mark

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Normally it's just airgun hunting, but next year at age 16, I will take a hunting license and go gun hunting instead. :wink: :super:

Airgun w. scope
Pellets (match)
SAK
Hunting bag (cotton)
FAK
Dog
Suitable clothing

I never sleep outside while on hunting, only when bushcrafting.
When my dog and I are bushcrafting and he spots a rabbit or hare, in the field, I'll set him up and release him on it. Quiet funny to watch actually! :-D :cool: (Don't worry petlovers, he doesn't harm a fly!! It's sheepdog 'designed' to herd... :wink: :wink: Would never do that. He's been pretty close sometimes at the animal, but never close enough to grab it. If he one day should succed, he would just play with it, without any biting! :cool: )

Poaching........ :nono: :nono: :nono:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I haven't done any serious hunting before however i would like to get out for a couple of days just laying in the grass with an airrifle for hours and just being close to nature. Thank you for giving me an idea of the kit you use :) :eek:): :super: :-D

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Doc - I've seen remarks around the web that bow hunting is illegal in the UK EXCEPT for taking fish. I don't have any authoritative reference to confirm it yet though.

I've just finished a beginners course at my local field archery club and as well as thoroughly enjoying myself, I was very impressed with their attention to safety. Their site is even good for spotting wildlife with grass snakes, adders and kingfishers all reported in the log.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE