Too much gear to carry. Load solutions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
your all missing a trick here
Hammond_2166826b.jpg

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
All sounds much the same as a cart with wheels and a couple of handles, a bit similar to what was mentioned in my earlier post... Except all the ones linked to seem to be costing a LOT more than making a simple one with a box two bike wheels an a couple of broom poles...:lmao:

I like the tow along one, a PLCE harness can be adapted cheaply and easily...:rolleyes:

rg598

Native
Yes continuing walking through woods to get to that nice spot!
I was hoping I could get something that straps around me and I can tow when I walk.

If you plan on traveling any noteworthy distance into the woods, then you probably need to rethink your approach. You either have to significantly cut weight and make it backpack portable, or you need to stick to routes into the woods that allow for the use of a canoe or pack animals.

On the other hand if you just need to move the gear 100 yards into the woods to look for a good spot, then just pack the gear in several different packs, and do several trips. In effect, you have to accept that you are car camping.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
There you go Leigh, that looks like two volunteers to carry your gear, nicely played matey :)

done, all i require is a good bed, transport paid for to the items needing carrying and 4000 calories of good quality food per day, maybe more depending on terrain...

chris......:):):):)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have employed a B&Q wheelbarrow before now.
These are fairly cheap, fairly robust and multi purpose as they make a fair chair in the evening, a gear cover by night and when you get them home they are useful for garden work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE