How much are women able to carry?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It defies imagination how a question on how much load is a sensible level for women to carry when trekking can descend to comparing and reminiscing about old toilet paper; I think this thread has gong down the pan :)
It's been a lot of fun though once it went so bizarrely off track. It was inevitable it would decend into toilet humour. Very surreal at points along the way.
I'm too scared now to post a question I had about how a female can pee without getting out of a hammock in the middle of a downpour or freezing cold night!!!:) :)

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It's been a lot of fun though once it went so bizarrely off track. It was inevitable it would decend into toilet humour. Very surreal at points along the way.
I'm too scared now to post a question I had about how a female can pee without getting out of a hammock in the middle of a downpour or freezing cold night!!!:) :)

Agreed.

No, I'd stay off that subject; you'll definitely have a load of male experts telling you how to do that :)

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Don't forget the inflatable dolls. It's all up in the air now.
Watch you don't get one with a puncture, I had to take one back to the shop as it went down on me, the guy in the shop said if he had known that he would have charged me another tenner.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Watch you don't get one with a puncture, I had to take one back to the shop as it went down on me, the guy in the shop said if he had known that he would have charged me another tenner.
Inflatable dolls are always a let down eventually. I knew someone who had the nun version. He took it back as it was too holey, and he couldn't keep it up... sorry:(

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Not yet. I’m still waiting for a reply on the “depends.” It’s not a good game until we can get a volley going.
OK. One possible problemwith that. You are sat in your hammock. Have filled the pot. How the dickens do you extract it full of liquid and dispose of without spilling it or getting out of the hammock to dispose of? Believe me, in ten years of hanging, I've never solved the problem.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
OK. One possible problemwith that. You are sat in your hammock. Have filled the pot. How the dickens do you extract it full of liquid and dispose of without spilling it or getting out of the hammock to dispose of? Believe me, in ten years of hanging, I've never solved the problem.
Beats me. I don’t even know how they did it sitting up in the cockpit.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
maybe that's the answer, an inflatable rucksack, as big or as little as you want it to be,
I just had to bring this rucksack thingy back in...................I wouldn't let it lie.

Reactions: Janne

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
So my question is:

How much can normal women carry over longer distances?
And which weight is comfortable?

What constitutes "normal" or do you mean a women of a certain build and testosterone level?

In the 21st Century one must also establish (if you're brave enough) if "she" was formerly a he.

K

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE