Today was the first time i...............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Today is the first time i've been asked to run a wild food course :D
Impressed one of the tutors at BTCV when i went on a forage on my lunch (for extra's) and came back with a fair amount of edibles.
got till september to sort it out (good month for wilds too) its an intro to wilds so i'll be doing easily recognisable stuff and how to check and double check plants/mushrooms for ID.
Pete

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Today was the first time i tried to free grind a scandi edge on a knife...... one side worked perfectly the other side however!!! went really pete tongue so i managed to salvage a full flat lol done free hand and tbh i'm really happy with it!!

pics will follow in another thread

Dave

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Today was the first time i tried to free grind a scandi edge on a knife...... one side worked perfectly the other side however!!! went really pete tongue so i managed to salvage a full flat lol done free hand and tbh i'm really happy with it!!

pics will follow in another thread

Dave

well done mate,..cant wait to see it,...

you not using a jig?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Today was the first time I found some 'True Tinder Fungus' (Inonotus obliquus) and once dried used it to take a spark. No beating or boiling in wood ash required.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
tried with a jig but couldn't get on with it although it wasn't the most sophisticated piece of kit lol, what do you use for yours?

Dave

Tell you what,...

i,ll start a thread on the evolution of my set up,...

from holding it in a vice free hand, through the simple "rugby post jig"

to a wedge of wood on my belt, to the near perfect adjustable jig i use now,...

all made from sticky backed plastic and sweet wrappers,...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Today was the first time i,.............

Invited a strange man to come around for coffee,....

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
santa and his sack?

ok,..

1. i dont invite him,

2. he drinks single malt , not coffee,...

oh so not content with spamming up my visitors board with rubbish, you come and defile my "first time thread" with your nonsense too,?

dont forget ,..i have your address,....

hahahah dude!!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Today was the first time I made a log cabin style shelter. Well, started it anyway. Got the back wall sorted using split logs and wooden pegs, all fashioned on site. Just got the sides to do and a roof. Keeping it open fronted so I can enjoy the fire and view.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE