Today was the first time i...............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Today is the First time I, got my hands on a decent Sized Utensil drainer for a new Hobo stove set up i'm making. Jeez these things are hard to source round here.

The thing is SWMBO saw it and "assumed" i'd bought it for the kitchen:(.

Plus the Grumpy Teenager also wants it so that he can make his first hobo stove.

MINE.........:lmao:

spa0327.jpg

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Today is the First time I, got my hands on a decent Sized Utensil drainer for a new Hobo stove set up i'm making. Jeez these things are hard to source round here.

The thing is SWMBO saw it and "assumed" i'd bought it for the kitchen:(.

Plus the Grumpy Teenager also wants it so that he can make his first hobo stove.

MINE.........:lmao:

spa0327.jpg

I warn you now IT IS ADDITIVE............stop now before its too late!!!

Look forward to the photos ;)

C

cat1989

it was yesterday but it was the first time in months i had managed to get out on my own and go exploring good times

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
First time I used an alcohol stove today (thanks to The Big Lebowski for making it for me). Also the first time I've knocked my Bushbuddy stove over a cliff (I found it afterwards).

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
im in belper mate, i usualy stay fairly local. iv not been up cromford moor tho.
let me no if you fancy a couple of hours out one day.
cheers ash

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Worked with Eucolyptus wood,.....

i love to prepare a piece of wood and hit it up with some oil ,..this was a eucolyptus burr , and looked pretty unspectacular ,,

to be honest a bit like MDF!!!!! hahaha

i put a bit of scrap on the belt sander and then oiled it up,......wow!!!!

it popped out like marble!,..very impresssed, but it was a gift and i cant see where to buy more,...

it may have been a phantom fragrance too , but i swore i could smell the menthol sweet smell creeping thru the mask,.....

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Today for the first time i set myself on fire during lighting a meths stove. Must have got it on my gloves. All ok tho fortunately. Was weird tho - normally i use a steel, today i used my zippo cos i was in a rush.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Today was the first time I lit a fire on the first attempt. I'm just loving crampball fungi!

Took my time sourcing tinder and popped it into my pocket to dry out. Made more than enough kindling and it all went smooth even though it was quite damp in the wood.

Archy

Dec 28, 2009
Launditch
today was the first time i lit a fire using a flint and steel and my home made charcloth and birch bark and i also taught two of my friends how to do it too and swmbo cooked lunch too mmm great day in the woods

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Today (or rather 2 days ago to be honest) was the first time I foraged some wild fungi. Being someone who despises mushrooms Ive never got into getting to know what is safe to eat, but on coming across what were unmistakably Jews Ears I though I'd give it a go. Despite the pungent mushroom aroma on stewing them they actually didn't taste that bad.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE